Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

getting the bonnet up

dewso_18

sikcalais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 90'
just got my vn calais back from the panelbeaters and went to pop the bonnet only to realise they didn't hook up the bonnet cable. so pi$$ed off. just wondering how to fix it without having to take it back to them (dont get my licence back for another 17 days, prefer not to risk it)
cheers

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
id just try and get in to it from underneath.

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Hey dewso_18 is the cable in there or have they not put it in...if it is in there but the bonnet wont open just get sumone to press on the front of the bonnet while u pull the lever bak....if uve got no canble there u will have to try reach up thru the engine bay n hit the trigger...im not even sure if this can be done but i think it would be the only way if there was no cable there...
hope this can help

H

HATER VP

Its very fun to do. You will need to get under there and unclip the spring, then pull it back to selease the bonnet. Its hard to explain but if you can see where the spring hooks over, thats what needs to be uncliped. Might also have to smash out the grill. If it comes to that then take it back to the panel beater.

IhateRICE!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSS Atlas Grey
another things that could be wrong is that the acutal lever bit is broken. because it happened to my car and i was pissed because i could open the bonnet. so yer ( proberly anit but hey i tried)

dewso_18

sikcalais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 90'
yeh well i had a look at it today. the cable is still there, and i managed to take the grill off without any hassel at all, but still cant work out exactly how to disconnect the clip that is holding it down. thanks anyway fellas, think ill make them fix it seein as tho they F***ED it :p

H

HATER VP

Can you see the spring at all? The bit im talking about is about 30mm away from the latch

dewso_18

sikcalais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 90'
yeh well i can get the grille totally off so i can see the spring no problem..ill have a look tomoro or somethin n try work out wat u mean...thanks

timmy_tam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN calais 91
get someone else to drive and take it back and make em fix it
pretty sure you can get a defect or something as bad for not being able to open your bonnet