Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Getting VT SS interior retrimmed - Will WH statesman rear seats fit.

tigass

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss commodore series 2
Hi all,

I managed to pick myself up some coulson foams for my vt ss. They are going over the original front frames. However I was thinking about getting something different for the rear namely either vx Calais seats or better still wh statesman rear seats. The ones with the three headrests in the back.

Does anyone know if the statesman seats will fit into my vt ?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I'm sure they will fit but I think there will be a small gap at the sides of the back rest parts, near the doors.

hwy747

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Berlina 5.7L / VW Golf GTi
They do fit. I have installed a WH Caprice interior into my VX Berlina. As accentstencil said there is a small gap between the edge of the seat and the side of the car (about 1 - 1.5cm) but thats not a big deal to me when you consider the extra comfort and sexyness that comes with it. The other thing you will need to get sorted, is the hole at the top of the seat for the seat belt to come though that the Stato's/Caprices have. I had the rears of mine retrimmed and the trimmer put a bit of foam in there and trimmed over the top of it and now you can't tell. If you wanted to go Calais seats in the rear instead, it would fit no problems and with no modifications!

tigass

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss commodore series 2
Thanks for the relies guys. Is there any chance hwy747 you can take a pic of your seats and the areas in question so I can actually see how it looks ?

hwy747

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Berlina 5.7L / VW Golf GTi
Thanks for the relies guys. Is there any chance hwy747 you can take a pic of your seats and the areas in question so I can actually see how it looks ?

Have a look at the link in my signature for "my ride", there is photo's there of the rear seat.

tigass

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss commodore series 2
Thanks again for the reply. Seen the pics. Back seats look good. You also have the middle rest which has the built in cup holders and compartment. That item is pretty hard to get as well.

The only thing I can't tell from your pic is how the actual gap looks like. Any chance you can take a pic of that?

tigass

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss commodore series 2
WH rear seat

I'll see what I can do mate. Going away for a couple of days so it might not be until next week.

How did you go with taking a pic of the rear seat ?

George 1949

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
Trying to do this myself but find rear seats the lugs are in a different spot so cannot fit