Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Getting VX Clubsport back to standard

NZ_VXII_Clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport VXII
Hi there

I purchased a hsv clubsport 2002 vxII [auto] 2 years ago, It has a few mods done, lumpy cam, high stall conveter, sports exhaust, lifters etc.

I'm wondering if it's possible to change it back to standard cam? Would I have to remove the high stall converter as well? Am pretty much wanting the car back to stock or as close as, will be changing the exhaust system as well because it is starting to really drone badly.

Any help/suggestions & pricing woud be much appreciated.

Thanks

thekid93

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack
why?????

have to pull it all apart again. or sell the motor and buy a std one

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
I take it you want to do this just so its near enough to original? Hate to state the obvious, but would have probably been cheaper to buy one that was already pretty standard...

But, to answer your question... I guess find someone who has a stock engine and is willing to trade cams? Exhaust wise, put a big glasspacked muffler/s in the tailpipe. That will shut up the drone

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
I take it you want to do this just so its near enough to original? Hate to state the obvious, but would have probably been cheaper to buy one that was already pretty standard...

But, to answer your question... I guess find someone who has a stock engine and is willing to trade cams? Exhaust wise, put a big glasspacked muffler/s in the tailpipe. That will shut up the drone
^^^what he said, an you will have to get the car retuned as well maf or mafless what ever you got.

TonyJZX

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore M6
whats your intention exactly?

if it's to preserve 'originality' it's a waste of time since HSVs of that era aren't worth anything

anyway installing a cam isn't a cheap job

auto box is sorta easier... get a replceament low km box

sell your stalled box

SilverVH

Banned
Reaction score
What colour and how many KM has the clubby done?

Only reason I ask is because I have a standard VX II Clubsport I'm about to start modding that I might consider swapping instead to save us both the hassle?