Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ghost Brakes

Joe_222

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
Hey Guys, I've had a very intermittent problem with my brakes on my vr statesman for a while now. When i'm driving the car will start behaving as though the brakes were dragging, typically the revs wouldn't get up much past 1800-2000 and if i let off the accelerator the car would slow as though under light braking. The brake pedal is abnormally hard and is not dropped away from its normal resting position when this happens.

To sort it out all i've had to do was either turn engine off then on or fully depress and release the brakes a few times. It has happened so rarely and at times so far apart that i hadn't really looked into it much.

More recently however the brake pedal has started pulling away from its normal resting position shortly after taking off from a stop, it does not seem to be speed or rev related and just happens at a short but seemingly random amount of time after take off. It is not enough movement to cause any noticeable braking effect on the car but is enough to cause my brake lights to come on which obviously is a big problem. Apart from that the brakes are operating perfectly normally.

I'm going to have a look this arvo but would appreciate any thoughts anyones got on why this might be happening

Cheers Joe

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6

Joe_222

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
thanks mate, great guide