Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ghost Cam Ecotec 3.8L Automatic

Swiper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
Howdy,
Sorry for all the rapid questions but i'm just in love with this website.

Been thinking of getting a Mace Cam for a lumpy idle, I'm really not bothered about the power gain just noise is in it for me as the power to weight ratio in my state for P platers.

Just now noticing its not the cam that gives the lumpy idle (well it is but it's adjusted) any thoughts on a ghost tune and if they are worth for just the lumpy idle sound. Like I said not really looking for huge power increases just want that lumpy idle after I put on cats and extractors.

Are these not healthy for the car or is it fine? Would I simply go up to the tuner and assume they know what ghost tune refers to?

Thank ya

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Just fit a stage II cam and be done with it. Seems pointless getting a tune when the only intention is to make out you have a cam.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Given the scarcity of Delco tuners (V6 does not use the same ECU as the LS) I think that anybody who could do it would have no idea what you're talking about. You'd need the car tuned for the cam anyway.

I get why people want to do this, but like how often are people (or even you) just going to be standing around watching your car idle. Having said that, I guess it is something that could probably be done by a mail order tuner though and the price would be right. FYI there are gains that can be had in the rest of the rev range as is rather than just the part of the tune that deals idling.

Last edited:

Swiper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
Just fit a stage II cam and be done with it. Seems pointless getting a tune when the only intention is to make out you have a cam.
Not sure if you read but I wrote that I wasn’t looking for power gains as the power to weight ratio for P platers. “Just want that lumpy idle”

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Not sure if you read but I wrote that I wasn’t looking for power gains as the power to weight ratio for P platers. “Just want that lumpy idle”
Nope, I certainly understood what you wrote. What I didn't understand is why you would want to pretend you have a cam?

Swiper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
Nope, I certainly understood what you wrote. What I didn't understand is why you would want to pretend you have a cam?
Because why buy a cam and tune it to get the lumpy idle I want when I can get it for cheaper with just a ghost tune