Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ghost Cam Ecotec 3.8L Automatic

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Dead coil, 2 cylinders down is the way to go.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If looking at ghost tune, then these are a must.

1635390634344.png

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1641211...MI34_3k5Ds8wIVbZlmAh1EPQmOEAQYAiABEgLMYvD_BwE

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I do get your points but around where I live in the country. The country cops do not care about internal modfications you get pulled over for maybe too low or just hooning around with p plates. Country cops are very different to city cops as city cops come around and do not give a **** what you've done to ya car they'll find a way to defect it. Having extractors and highflow cats are one of my least worries its really more so how you treat the car around the streets.

Love this comment....Country cops don't care about modifications....I'd love you to tell my Nephew that lives around Glossip that very thing...He recently got his Patrol defected for it being over track...The wheels sat inside the flares but the cops still did him for it..

He doesn't drive around hooning..He is on opens....His Patrol looks respectable...Standard height...So all this stuff you have put up is a load of it buddy...

On the topic at hand...Don't be a fool...Leave the car as is, as a p plater in a noisy shaking commodore is an excuse for any copper to pull you....They mightn't defect you, but spending 10 minutes sitting on the side of the road everyday ain't much fun, just because you want your car to sound "tough"

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
You obviously haven't seen an ecotech with a dead cylinder, they are pretty lumpy.

I'd never own one to find that out...all my cars are v8 powered.

Didn't mind buick v6 just not into the sound although next year new daily will be 4 pot :(

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
My old VN sounded half decent with a 2.5" exhaust from a local outfit.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
My old VN sounded half decent with a 2.5" exhaust from a local outfit.
Agree, mine sounded OK for a V6. Nothing like a 304 or like my bus now. But for what it was it wasn't bad. CAI, 1.9s, Pacies, and 2.5" helped.

H

harrop.senator

The exes l67 sounds good I hope my new one does too. But I've only ever had manual v6's usually have shorter gears and the exhaust has always had a resonator and muffler.

I've got 2 X 18" hotdogs and 2x cherry bomb pro dual chambers for mine. With where the pipes will be exiting and the size of the cam it'll probably be loud still but and loud v6's don't sound great

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Mine had a resi, without it it was raspy and droned real bad at 100kph. Mine didn't really have a note but give it a bootful and it sounded OK for what it was.
I don't think I could have got it much better, a smaller resi of some sort I had considered but it would have been custom job at an exhaust shop to make it fit, so I never bothered.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I like the sound of my Magna, but it has a drone at the speed limit. Also the novelty of a rumbling exhaust is wearing off.