Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gilbs' custom VS

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
I love it!! Nice colour, kit suits nice, engine work is sweet as. Those VY wheels look mint as!!

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
It's all in the first post mate.

Gilbs, the car is looking good mate and goes even better with the current set up. Would be good to get A.I.R open to run some times. Oh well maybe one day.

yeh i know but just curious mines had cam and head work and going for a tune doubt ill get close to 150

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
yeh i know but just curious mines had cam and head work and going for a tune doubt ill get close to 150

i have found that if you do all the right mods (they dont need to be the biggest, or most expensive either!) you can get a perfect balance of minimum expense and maximum gain!

Over the years i have researched thoroughly what works, and what doesent work for the ecotec. Those, somewhat, only minor mods coupled with a really good real time tune can gain you fantastic results.

My tuner is arguably the best commodore tuner in S.A, and these results speak for themselves! Its there in the graph.

No cam, not forced induction, no head porting, no after market ecu, no big flashy thousand dollar exhaust system, not even the highest lift rockers!

I just put a lot of thought into the RIGHT mods. I know of stroker 6's that are in the 150's at the moment, and other engines that have had much more $$$ spent on them. By no means am i mocking them for spending so much money on their mods.. i just say, you do it your way.. and il do it mine! ;)

fmlycar

6appeal
Reaction score
Members Ride
308rwkw 180sx
Looks good. I hope you reach your power target, if there was anyone I could trust in my area I'd be getting a tune to see what is left in my combo.

beefcream

Lethal LOKKA
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS 5speed (project) VN exec v6 (daily)
thats some good power your making now.. im impressed.
quick question with the rockers, how would u explain the change from stock to yella terra

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
thats some good power your making now.. im impressed.
quick question with the rockers, how would u explain the change from stock to yella terra

Cheers mate

Well im not 100% sure what rocker selection there is for the older version v6, but id say got for the highest u can get.

You will immediately notice the engine idles quieter, then on the road it will rev heaps cleaner and smoother. Most noticeable up high in the rev range 3500- 4000 up.

I also removed the internal balance shaft recently. Removed approx 3 kgs of rotating mass drag off the crank. revs even better again now!

crazzyboy_16

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec Wagon
very nice bro....love the colour and the wheels!!!! keep up the good work

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
Small update...

Recently she has been running very rough and majorly down on power, as shown at a recent dyno day (coughing and spluttering to a disappointing 129 @ the wheels)

I changed EVERYTHING relating to spark and fuel, and still no bingo. Thought about returning it to the tuner to sus if it was in the tune, but decided as a last resort id change the CAS. Seems to be idling and running much better now, touch wood my problems are over!

Also made some changes in the exhaust department. one of the cats had collapsed internally and was rattling so i removed them both till i could get a hold of new ones. (*Side note*- the v6's run and sound like crap without cats!!) decided to put in two different sized cats (same pipe diam. tho) to try to change the note a bit. In addition, i replaced my redback intermediate 'dogleg' muffler with a Supercat 'dogleg'. Combined the note is WAAAY better, the Supercat muffler seemingly providing a crisper/ deeper note. So i have established, thru practice, that the redback mufflers are not that great:thumbsup:

sir355

Father Figure
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SENATOR 215, HZ ute
nice ride mate, sweet mods, i like your wheel choice.
Wish mine had a sunroof!!
Keep up the good work