Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

gilmer drive belt kits, inj 5ltr.

zandahar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTSS 5L
eveyone I've read about lately with these say you lose the A/C ? I've read they put an extra bit on the inside of one pulley for the power steering but otherwise everyones said they lose air con

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
eveyone I've read about lately with these say you lose the A/C ? I've read they put an extra bit on the inside of one pulley for the power steering but otherwise everyones said they lose air con
Correct. I am thinking about trying to use the powersteering adaptor pulley on the A/C so you can still use it............have to get the gilmer first tho:p
AirStrike :air:

zandahar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTSS 5L
if it was a weekender you probably wouldnt be too worried about aircon i spose. but when you get stuck on melbournes lovely freeways in summer I dont think i'd cope too well without aircon

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
the teeth on the belt slightly dragging over the splines on the pulley make a slight noise but usually it is from the straight cut gears...

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
The whine you get from a gilmer drive is caused by air being forced out of the groves in the pulleys by the belt. And yes, straigt cut gears do make a good whining noise but ive got a gilmer kit on my ute and that tends to make a fair bit of noise too.

sir355

Father Figure
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SENATOR 215, HZ ute
you can ge the gilmer/jesel belt drives fo the inj 5l with both power steering and ac for around 300.. Just seen a car the other day with one. You can pick one up at the summernats for $250

Hillerus

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VP Exec,Gsx-R 750
Sweet. Any idea where to buy other than Summernats? Or can you buy a kit from that bloke on EBay and get a A\C Pulley and P\S pulley elswhere?

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
I bought mine from at racing on ebay. $230 including postage, arrived in WA in TWO days! They do p/s pulleys too.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
wow i started this thred a while back now... if u just want the whine like me and dont care bout a bodge job a can of belt grip works wonders even on stock belts... just dreanch the belts and wait for it to dry and get sticky, repeat once a day and even with a stock exhaust people will hear you coming... i got asked all the time if my car was blown...