Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

gilmore drive

vp5lute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp5lt
hi i have a vp v8 ute man it has the gilmer drive on it when i brought it and he took the air con compresser thing off the motor now what i want to know is can i get this put back on all will i be able to do this myself and keep the gilmore drive any help before i get ripped off by a workshop
cheers

Last edited:

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
It's 'Gilmer' Drive - Get a pulley for it, since the Gilmer drive belt is usually only for older motors with seperate belts, you should be able to get different pulleys to be able to reconnect the AC

vp5lute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp5lt
It's 'Gilmer' Drive - Get a pulley for it, since the Gilmer drive belt is usually only for older motors with seperate belts, you should be able to get different pulleys to be able to reconnect the AC

gilmer drive right cheers

oztatts

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq statesman
i got the full gilmoure kit on my vq.p/s ac etc.. you can buy the extra pulleys.. one for power steer and one for ac..
they arent cheap but well worth it if ya want the luxurys.. cant tell ya what the cost though..

if ya get stuck findin one.. i will ask my mate to get a price for ya...

not sure how much just the pulleys are but this might be a cheap way out for ya... maybe..

~ NEW HOLDEN GILMER BELT DRIVE KIT + P/S + AIR CON ~ (eBay item 310293114779 end time 05-Mar-11 08:58:51 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

Last edited by a moderator:

oztatts

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq statesman
oh sh*t sorry gilmer.. ffs does it matter how it is spelt.. as long as the advice is given.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
oh sh*t sorry gilmer.. ffs does it matter how it is spelt.. as long as the advice is given. i probably had a belt drive on a car while you had posters of em

Don't see me offering advice?

Look up top. I was the first to help the guy out.

oztatts

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq statesman
yeah ok. but no need to get all upity about the spellin. who cares as long as they guy gets the help he needs..