Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Globes - cheaper alternative?

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
you could simply buy some cheaper replacement globes in the same time it would take you to go down to holden spare parts.

If you know that this is cheaper why arent you doing it?

FadeToBlack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais L67
Not my problem if your piece of **** vx is blowing globes all the time. my vt hasnt blown a globe yet. Perhaps you just dont have a clue and bought a clapped out car.

LOL, ill send u a PM when i sell my VT for 9000 without any problems clown.

Well that pretty much sums your knowledge right there, why don't you stop posting on something you know nothing about? If you actually read the thread everyone except you has contributed to the discussion. You've already proven you can talk like a bogan with no clue, you don't need to continue.

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
A VT for $9000 - i should sell my S2 VX SS Manual for $20000 then.

anyway, head down to the wreckers and ask for another cluster.
if you let it be known that you dont want it for the cluster itself and are willing to accept a high Km cluster, you should get it even cheaper.
even if this costs you $30 for the cluster, youve now got a good 10 or so globes to get you through the years.
i did this and then put the globeless cluster on Ebay and at the end of the day it only cost me $5 for all the globes i needed and plenty of left overs.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
A VT for $9000 - i should sell my S2 VX SS Manual for $20000 then.

anyway, head down to the wreckers and ask for another cluster.
if you let it be known that you dont want it for the cluster itself and are willing to accept a high Km cluster, you should get it even cheaper.
even if this costs you $30 for the cluster, youve now got a good 10 or so globes to get you through the years.
i did this and then put the globeless cluster on Ebay and at the end of the day it only cost me $5 for all the globes i needed and plenty of left overs.

u could do that and isnt a bad idea but u dont know if the globes r blown or ok or not till its tested but chances r u'll have enough if its the cluster or either A/C units but if its a single switch its a hit n miss.

Edit: cluster globes r exchangable they r the T5 wedge type that u can get 4 like a buck new at repco or the likes.

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
So i pull my dash apart, pull out this globe for behind the trip area in a VT with single panel cluster, who do i take it to for a replacement? Holden, who will be expensive, or? What options are there for a straight swap?

FadeToBlack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais L67
Yeah actually before I pulled my dash apart, my mates brother had his old VT level 1 cluster and I stole a heap of globes out of that, problem was none of them matched up with any I had blown :(

All I need now is to find a globe to match the one that came out of the power switch, I'l head down to the wreckes when I have time on the weekend. After that I'l just leave it, if any of the Cluster windows or climate control window goes again though, i'l probably do a white LED conversion.

FadeToBlack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais L67
So i pull my dash apart, pull out this globe for behind the trip area in a VT with single panel cluster, who do i take it to for a replacement? Holden, who will be expensive, or? What options are there for a straight swap?

Yeah Holden charge about $15 for that one globe, easiest option is to suck it up and pay, or check out the LED conversion linked to earlier in the thread.