Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Glovebox light wont turn off

timmo666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V, V8, 6 Speed Manual
hey guys,

just had my Line out converter fitted and turn on wire was run to the hands free plug behind the glovebox.

since getting my car back (and the LOC works great i might add) the glovebox light will not turn off.

i cant get my car back to the auto elec in the next day or two.

i cant find a fuse to make it go off, maybe the switch on the glovebox hasnt been remounted properly?

this is really annoying, as i dont want to drain my battery.

also, how long should it be before the glovebox light turns off? ie. as soon as the glovebox is closed? or turn off with the rest of the courtesy lighting?

my thought would be that it closes and the light goes off straight away.

tips/thoughts appreciated.

cheers, Timmo

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
Just take the globe out in the mean time!

Oh, and what's a 'line out converter'

timmo666

Reaction score
Members Ride
i think the glovebox assembly comes out to remove the globe. and im not too keen on doing that myself to be honest.

a line out converter lets you keep your stock head unit/cd player, taps into factory wires and lets you run amplifiers/after market stereo gear.
handy for newer cars where things like the AC\climate control is integrated into the head unit, and putting in a different head unit is sometimes not a viable option.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
I haven't had a close look, but I doubt you'd need to pull your glovebox apart to remove the globe. Remove it for now and go back to your LOC installer.

Sounds like he's damaged a wire going to the glovebox light switch (or the switch itself) and it's shorting out on something, causing the light to stay on..

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
You can rip off the little plastic cover then remove the globe, there is no need to remove the glove box.

timmo666

Reaction score
Members Ride
mystery solved, managed to catch the sparky at the start of my lunch break. the switch that turns the light off wasnt connected. 5 min fix.
thanks for all your input regardless guys