Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Glow in the dark paint over bare metal

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
Hey all

I was asked this today and thought it sounded coolish..

Having a cars body in bare metal but with glow in the dark sort of clear over it (so in the daytime it is just bare metal, but in the dark it is glowey.). The glow would act as a protectant for the metal so it doesnt rust..

Has anyone heard of it done??

VKC

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
I had slot cars like that but never seen a real car with glow in the dark paint.

Similar topic.. always wondered what a car would look like painted with the same paint they do number plates with, my plates are black but from some angles with light on them its white, cant even see the letters.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
white or yellow road marking paint is cool when you paint a car with it looks like a ufo driving down the road in headlights LOL lots of reflective material in that paint

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
the actual glowing bit is white/green or yellow. so you would see it on the car during the day. not to mention what would happen if you tried to mix it with clear.

then you got the bits like brasswork joining your roof to the C pillar, dents, rust patches etc. garnishes and moulds would look f'ken ridiculous and the police would eventually give you a canary for "exposed metal panelwork"

but having said all that, it would probably suit your custom fuel tank and tail lights.

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
white or yellow road marking paint is cool when you paint a car with it looks like a ufo driving down the road in headlights LOL lots of reflective material in that paint
Have you ever seen that? Sounds interesting.

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
Wasn't there an SV in the VZ range with reflective yellow badges and skirt highlights :hmmm:

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
I reckon paint it with the white reflective paint they ue to paint the white lines with , day time it would look white then at night it would light up

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
this has been a dream of mine for a long time to paint a motorcycle in glow in the dark colours , but after ringing vicroads, i've been told it's illegal because of the colour change and being a distraction at night

BTW there are no issues with using 2K clear coat over

my dream lives on .....