Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GM backing down on their 10 year support promise

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY14 Calais V ZB MY18 Calais V
My warranty is only till Feb 2024 here, feel bad for those that got the 7 year warranty.

Not too worried after the warranty period. Shares lots of mechanical parts with the opel insignia, chevy malibu and buick regal so availability shouldn't be an issue.

Also makes no sense to offer 10 year contracts. If all the dealers signed up with a dwindling population of Holdens they'd have no work by the end of the 10 year contracts..
The Buick Regal is ceasing being sold in the USA. Not sure on the opel insignia as I think psa will make a stop to a competitor to their own Peugeot models. Also parts will be very pricey coming from the UK.

mechanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
chevy malibu and buick regal so availability shouldn't be an issue.
Bah hah hah!
Good luck.

I have a customers Malibu that needs a body wiring harness under warranty. Has been on back order since November. After complaining for a few months they told me GM had banned all airbag wiring repairs and I’d have to suck it up and wait for a new $3500 body harness (airbag wiring is incorporated into it). Reckoned they’d report me if I tried to repair it.

Two weeks go they took the car in and said they’d been approved to repair it.

GM had a change of heart all of a sudden? Willing to break their own safety rules.

Last edited:

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY14 Calais V ZB MY18 Calais V
Bah hah hah!
Good luck.

I have a customers Malibu that needs a body wiring harness under warranty. Has been on back order since November. After complaining for a few months they told me GM had banned all airbag wiring repairs and I’d have to suck it up and wait for a new $3500 body harness (airbag wiring is incorporated into it). Reckoned they’d report me if I tried to repair it.

Two weeks go they took the car in and said they’d been approved to repair it.

GM had a change off heart all of a sudden? Willing to break their own safety rules.
Yes GM will just do patch jobs to get themselves over the line now. They are leaving the country and are not seeking to keep customers so their care factor is nil .

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2ss dual cab rodeo fjr1300
Yes GM will just do patch jobs to get themselves over the line now. They are leaving the country and are not seeking to keep customers so their care factor is nil .
Has been for years