Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GM Tech 2 - Captiva engine light is ON

commodolores

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
just done test and for engine comes this code out : P0521 - "Oil Pressure Signal out of range "....
There is couple more errors but not on engine it is for airbag etc....
So I cleared that engine code and rngine light went OFF...than after 1hrs I turned car on and that engine light comes ON again...????

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
If the check engine light came straight back on after the engine was started then theres either a problem with the oil pressure or the oil pressure sensor. Most likely the sensor is cactus..

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore

commodolores

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
what do you think....if I clear all codes (there is 4 all up) for Airbag and for something else ? than try to se will engine light comes On or OFF.....or Airbag have nothing to do with engine light ?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Airbag (SRS) system shouldn't have anything to do with the check engine light. It should have a separate SRS fail light.

borcedamceski

Reaction score
Members Ride
Captiva
I've got this exact problem....
Any chance you can let me know the location of the oil pressure sensor??...pls!!
I've got the new sensor and tools, just don't wanna have to unnecessarily remove any covers..

Cheers

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I've got this exact problem....
Any chance you can let me know the location of the oil pressure sensor??...pls!!
I've got the new sensor and tools, just don't wanna have to unnecessarily remove any covers..

Cheers

Assuming you have the 3.2 litre V6 engine, the oil pressure sensor is mounted on the front of the engine block, above and to the left of the oil filter when looking from underneath. To access it, raise the front of the car on ramps or jack stands and remove the lower fibreglass engine cover plate - five bolts plus two large plastic plugs that lever out - and look up the front of the block. To gain access to the switch, it is advisable to remove the oil filter - room is pretty tight in there and if your hands are large, the filter gets in the way.

A-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
Captiva 3.2 V6
I also have this problem, the difference for me is that except for the check engine light and p0521 code the oil pressure light sometimes comes on i have been driving it for a week so i assume the sensor is really giving up.
If i clear the code it returns immediately.
I would be nice with some response on this tread did you guys ever solve the problem?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
A-Man. The problem you are having should be the oil pressure sensor switch. It is a very common fault on alloytec engines. See my earlier post above. I had to replace it on my 2006 Captiva and it solved the problem.

Last edited: