Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GM ...... unbelievable !

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Time will tell....

I think, one of the causes of killing local manufacturing are the so called Trade Partnerships. As far I know, is one the primary forces in the US. We are (the USA) to the point, that all we buy is made in China or some 3rd World "Cuntry" by "paid slave" labor. Labor is cheap, so why not, right?

Stroppy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Sportwagon
Time will tell....

I think, one of the causes of killing local manufacturing are the so called Trade Partnerships. As far I know, is one the primary forces in the US. We are (the USA) to the point, that all we buy is made in China or some 3rd World "Cuntry" by "paid slave" labor. Labor is cheap, so why not, right?

Yes...I agree. Trade deals will help one part of the economy but hurt others. The FTA between Australia and Thailand is a good example. Farmers are doing well out of the deal but it helped kill our car manufacturing. Ford has a huge plant in Thailand and a lot of Ford product comes here from that plant. It arrives with no tariffs at all and yet if I tried to sell an Aussie-made care in Thailand it would be slapped with a 40% duty...go figure!

I look back at the 50s and 60s and I recall that EVERYTHING was made locally...from the socks on your feet to the tv you watched to the cars you drove. Yes...tariffs protected industries and prices were higher BUT everyone had work...work was plentiful and you didn't have huge numbers of unemployed folks and people living on welfare.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Does no good to have cheap merchandise when a lot of people are Unemployed or Employed and Underpaid.

Is like a Snake eating its own tail...

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
I said it before and will say it again, one of the main reasons people bought commodores was because it was aussie built, they took that away then took away the motor a lot of commodore owners wanted. They tried telling us what we wanted instead of listening to what we wanted. Pure arrogance from GM and they are now fighting against imports with imports.