Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GM Zeta prototype gets four-pot Opel OPC power

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Interesting but I would rather see this engine in a Cruze rather than going the way that ford did with the eco boost motor.

Holden 2016 Commodore - GM Zeta prototype gets four-pot Opel OPC power | GoAuto

Your right. That's exactly what the Cruze does needs in it's nose.

Cruze is a nice car but to have a naturally aspirated 1.8 or the 1.4 with turbo is not enough for it.

Would be really nice if they had that 2 litre engine driving the rear wheels as well. I reckon it would eat the Mazda 3 sales in no time at all.

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
I think this:

“Perception lags reality in this business and it (four-cylinder Falcon) is quite a good car but it doesn’t appear to be getting the customer.”

Look back 25 years or so and find the power and torque figures for the HSV5000. The Ecotec turbo and the 304 are within a single digit value for both. I expect that the torque curve for the Ecotec is flatter too. No doubt it weighs less.

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
Your right. That's exactly what the Cruze does needs in it's nose.

Cruze is a nice car but to have a naturally aspirated 1.8 or the 1.4 with turbo is not enough for it.

Would be really nice if they had that 2 litre engine driving the rear wheels as well. I reckon it would eat the Mazda 3 sales in no time at all.

Well if Holden trends to that of Opel, the 1.6 turbo from the Astra GTC has found its way to the SRI variants. With regards to OPC its Opels tuning arm where HSV is our's (captain obvious) I do hope that would become a reality.. HSV Cruze..