Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gmail in Outlook

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Hai.

So, it took me a few days to get GMAIL to work (at home) on Outlook 2010.

It's now setup, and connecting to their servers or whatnot - however, when it goes to do the sending and receiving, it seems to just stall on Synchronising folders.. It'll say its only going to take a couple of minutes, then it'll progress, the longest I've seen it would be an ETA of 5 days, so i cancelled it.

Anyone know of a way around this?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
How much mail do you have to sync?

Also GMail always suck in Outlook - way better in a browser.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
mpower:

I have no idea man.. I wouldn't imagine its a shitload.

Outlook would work a lot easier for me in Outlook mode rather than browser mode. It's just the feel of things atm. I have probably 20 emails a day coming through for various things, and need something setup similar to outlook where I can quickly browse and sort from then.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
You'll need to log into your Gmail account via your web browser and find out how much data is in your mailbox. Most users are surprised how much they have.
What sort of internet connection do you have as this will affect the download time? Outlook is reliably slow at downloading emails over HTTP.

If you find you have heaps of emails close outlook and use the web logon, start deleting the ones you dont want anymore, including sent items. Empty the deleted items folder. Doing this will reduce the amount of data Outlook needs to download. Now open Outlook and let it finish downloading all of your email. It can take a while.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
peeeeersonally - I'd switch over to the webmail, it's surprisingly flexible once you get used to it. Outlook and webmail have never been the best of bedfellows, it works but in all honesty I reckon it sucks. :)

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
0.82Gb used.

Whoah.

Time to get to ah, deleting!

Thanks Al!

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
peeeeersonally - I'd switch over to the webmail, it's surprisingly flexible once you get used to it. Outlook and webmail have never been the best of bedfellows, it works but in all honesty I reckon it sucks. :)

It's probably exactly the same, but im a fan of Rule and Folders, I know Gmail Webmail has labels and ****, but yeah.. I like the rules and folders jobby.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
Outlook 2010 is fine for what you're doing.
0.82GB would take a fair while to syncronise especially if your internet connection is not super fast.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I had the same issue Trent. Took forever but I too prefer desktop outlook over the browser.