Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GMEOVR has been pranged

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
i was actually going to say that about the plates. what damage was caused to the other car? just go the insurance, it will be better that way, i fuking hate people cutting me off, if i was in the same posistion tho id have just slammed on the brakes. but whats done is done, go the insurance, atleast it will be done properly, 950 is a drop in the ocean compared to what could POSSIBLY be alot more then 1800-2000.... i reckon its alot more

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
ouch, and the 4WD drove on without knowing what happened i bet, typical **** happens every day here, i drivewith one hand near the horn always, i'm also an aggresive driver now, verses the passive driver i was, guy in a $100,000 merc cut me off the otherday at the roudabout, i soo wanted to smash into his drivers door cause it woulda been his fault but i love my VN to much to do that, hit the horn, gave the fingers and the arrogant bastard just returned a blank stare and wasn't aware he had done anything wrong.:bang: feel your pain:cry:

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
I'm surprised insurance don't write that off... It would cost more than half the car value to fix properly... You could get it done cheaper though if you get that crease down the side bogged rather than beaten out.

But why is a P-Plater on a freeway anyhow ?... Aren't P-platers restricted to 80 km/hr Max speed ???

Last edited:

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
L platers are limited to 80kms, Red P 90km, Green P 100km

I dont recon u will get her fixed, insurance will rite it off,

Buggar coz she woulda been nice but yeah the front left is preety bad....

Hope she all works out for ya.....

cypher967

HSV VT 5.0 195i
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore S
Ok, found out the the insurance company is going to get the car fixed, i had it a agreed value rather than a market, now instead of the S Pac kit i was going it get a VX Clubby kit as for the front 1/4 panel should i get the new VZ vented guards or are there any diffrent ones you can get? im in sa so i can travel up to 100km on my p's.

Last edited:

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Sweet least there fixin it for ya.

With the guards u wil have to get VS onse then go get the flutes take to sumone to cut out the guard fit the flutes then tidy up the edges

Would look good with a Full VZ guard but it wont fit as the lights on VS are lower than VZ

VZ flutes look trick, i want sum for mine

Hope she all works out for ya

SSbeast

Reaction score
If your mechanically minded try the repairs ur self, check if the body is reasonably straight, like doors open and close ok, no roof buckling, chassis is straight, no steering components damaged, if not it's just panel replacement ur local scraper could problary help ya.

cypher967

HSV VT 5.0 195i
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore S
Also what bonnet should i get? monaro? or is there others i dont know about? cheers

joesvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Wagon
Did you get the motor sorted? you said that you couldn't start it. How much did the panel shop quote to do the repairs?