Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GMH needs funding to stay in OZ

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Also when comparing US prices with AU prices, they seem to never pay less than full price. It's like they don't get a good deal. New Xr6 $32,000, new Sv6 $33,000, SS $39,000 driveway.. And from what i have seen GM makes nothing on commodore sales in the US.

dmacey

Somebody, make me upset
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Series II Sedan Manual & a VK in the build
Also when comparing US prices with AU prices, they seem to never pay less than full price. It's like they don't get a good deal. New Xr6 $32,000, new Sv6 $33,000, SS $39,000 driveway.. And from what i have seen GM makes nothing on commodore sales in the US.

How do you figure that, just wondering ?

If you compare direct price for price unit for unit, driveway prices they seem to pay allot less.
I could be corrected.

Dave

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

If you compare direct price for price unit for unit, driveway prices they seem to pay allot less.
I could be corrected.

Dave

In Australia it's not hard to get several (even many) thousand dollars off the cost of most cars. Very few will pay full retail. The discounts on offer in NA are usually manufacturer incentives and the dealer end negotiation is quite small. There is no doubt that cars in USA are cheaper than what we pay here but the gap is not as big as what it first seems.

Reaper

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6

I could be corrected.

Dave
Yes what reaper said :D.

Good example was the G6E-T price $59,000. G6E-T 50th Anniversary $52,000. Sure Americans wouldn't bother paying this over there. But true if it were to be available in the states it would be some $10,000 min less than here. But like wages they would look at our garbage guys getting close to or over $1,000 p/w and their US counterparts would be getting 20-30 % less. It's just so different.