Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GMH needs funding to stay in OZ

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
More like $70 to $80 WITH penalties for weekends ,public holidays ,early starts .

and massive leave entitlements, *sigh* Which adds up to be worth about $100,000 a year as a total package. I did say TOTAL PACKAGE in my post.

doms1

Reaction score
Members Ride
BANNED
I every person who is involved in car industry lost their jobs this would be the dole payments a week$16250000- so gov is just trying to stop that rather than throw $$$$$$$ around.

doms1

Reaction score
Members Ride
BANNED
and massive leave entitlements, *sigh* Which adds up to be worth about $100,000 a year as a total package. I did say TOTAL PACKAGE in my post.

What MASSIVE benefits??4 weeks a year?you also might not know alot are casual so no leave entitlements.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
There's a MASSIVE difference between artificially propping up a flailing industry by throwing stupid amounts of tax payer's dollars at it, and government policy as it relates to and impacts business. So stop taking what I said out of context. An industry should NOT exist solely on the reliance of government support.

My question was:

You don't think it's one role of government to help with employment where possible.

as quoted in your post with your reply:

Absolutely not!

Which part did I take out of context??

Errrr... Pay people with no skills in **** kicker jobs LESS!

Easy to say - but a different thing entirely to implement. Right now you fall squarely into the category of "armchair expert" with lots of "somebody should" do this that or whatever as a broad brush stroke but nada when it comes to the broader implications or how to achieve the aim. For example how to deal with the hundreds of thousands that find themselves without a job if the auto industry was to shut down. Just saying "get a job doing whatever" is not a plan :bang:

Reaper

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
You really don't live in the real world.

Tell us, what do you do for a living?

Actually, I do. "Rufys" does not. He only lives on the internet.

I'm a reasonably senior manager at one of Australia's top universities. Of course real life personality and circumstances have nothing to do with "Rufys". That was just the first thing that popped into my head when I created my JustCommodores persona. Hell if I took the internet seriously "Rufys" wouldn't say half the **** he says! :D lol But that wouldn't be nearly as entertaining.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Holdens been going pretty well without GM money. Government money has helped them plenty. In another paper somewhere GM wants the government to invest, i think GM wants everyone to pay so they don't.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Actually, I do. "Rufys" does not. He only lives on the internet.

I'm a reasonably senior manager at one of Australia's top universities. Of course real life personality and circumstances have nothing to do with "Rufys". That was just the first thing that popped into my head when I created my JustCommodores persona. Hell if I took the internet seriously "Rufys" wouldn't say half the **** he says! :D lol But that wouldn't be nearly as entertaining.

So you have admitted to basically having an internet personality which does not reflect or represent your true self.

Troll

Can you please stop ####en posting?

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
So you have admitted to basically having an internet personality which does not reflect or represent your true self.

What? So your real name is HamaTime and you've trade marked it?

And no, for the last time I am not being a troll... If my intent was to troll, trust me, you'd know!