Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GM's new V8 gets downsized

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Just about all v8 motors are far superior in design. yet most still don't stand up against grandpas axe.

jaffassv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Because they're a far superior, more powerful engine.

Yeah they said that about the Ford Boss motors as well lol remind me whats happened to them now....

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
Nice now all Holden need to do is release a forced induction version of the 5.5L :)

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
Because they're a far superior, more powerful engine.

Bullshit they put out almost exactly the same power as what this new GM engine is claiming.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Bullshit they put out almost exactly the same power as what this new GM engine is claiming.

Hahahaha!!! There are no official power figures yet. Just "around 440 horsepower" which is is 328kw. Coyote is 335kw. Plus the Coyote get 600Nm of torque and 9l/100km efficiency. Not to mention many years of performance improvements to come because the first release is so detuned. GM are scared of the new Coyote - and so they should be. About time Ford stopped pulling their punches.

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hahahaha!!! There are no official power figures yet. Just "around 440 horsepower" which is is 328kw. Coyote is 335kw. Plus the Coyote get 600Nm of torque and 9l/100km efficiency. Not to mention many years of performance improvements to come because the first release is so detuned. GM are scared of the new Coyote - and so they should be. About time Ford stopped pulling their punches.

5kw difference lmao. Get a clue mate. Lets wait and see the official power figures when its released as 5kw is nothing