Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

'Go Back To Where you Came From' TV program

Banicks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais '07
'Go Back To Where You Came From' Strictly For The Gullible

Finally an article that hit it on the nose.

I stopped watching this dribble of a program halfway through the 2 episode, it is blatant forced empathy on the 'participants' and viewers.

For example. If I positioned 6 people in a situation where they lose their jobs to a specific race of people, they're hungry, losing their homes, and then see a political figure who stands up for them, empowers them, gives them jobs again and homes. Wouldn't they support and proceed through that political figures doctrine? Heck yes.

Well those people would be empathetic to the German people who supported Hitler during his rise through the 1930s to early 40s. Ergo, Nazis.

If you place people in stressful situations they will break and empathise, but this is not a fair representation of the immigrants coming to Australia, it is a blatant attempt of misrepresenting the people illegally entering our country and pushing a bias.

I'm really annoyed that shows like this see air time. And if it is allowed to, lets take the other end of the spectrum to be fair and make a show about how elements of Australian culture are being ruined by the people immigrating who don't make an attempt to confirm to the Australian way. For example, the burqa identification debacle.

/end rant.

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
I think its a great program. It will let the western world see how lucky they realy are. They should be greatfull for what they have. I feel for all the children they dont have the same luxuries as we do. No heater, no food, no video games,
Is great to see the school kid wanting to learn on the show something we luck over here in Oz.

heyitsEnricoPallazzo

Big block Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ A4 Saloon
I think its a great program. It will let the western world see how lucky they realy are. They should be greatfull for what they have. I feel for all the children they dont have the same luxuries as we do. No heater, no food, no video games,
Is great to see the school kid wanting to learn on the show something we luck over here in Oz.

You miss the point entirely.

Did you enter this country legally or illegally? And why?

We go to war in foreign countries when they threaten our way of life. Yet, if our citizen's do the same they are given public money?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

Is it great when people come here and then make use of our jails nbecause of crime?

I think these immigrants don't think much of our country and as such should be sent back to where ever the hell they come from. Clearly they have no idea how lucky they are to get to live here.

Banicks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais '07
Is it great when people come here and then make use of our jails nbecause of crime?

I think these immigrants don't think much of our country and as such should be sent back to where ever the hell they come from. Clearly they have no idea how lucky they are to get to live here.

Oh they do have an idea of how lucky they are, it's just unfortunate that some of them go the extra mile to exploit it through our decency.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Oh they do have an idea of how lucky they are, it's just unfortunate that some of them go the extra mile to exploit it through our decency.

Indeed, it is bad enough we have our own scumbags to deal with, let alone importing them.

-=Blondie=-

Reaction score
Members Ride
Daily car hyundai excel and Project car VS wagon
As banicks said they come over here and refuse to conform to our way yet if we are to go over to there country to live if we don't conform to there ways then holy hell look out!
I have always been taught what is good for the goose is good for the gander, so how come Australia is expected to change there way of life and how they do things just so people from other countries can feel comfortable over here?
Sorry didn't mean to rant on but this is something that p***es me off all the time!

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
look back into history.

when the italians, greeks etc came over here were the given massive handouts, cars, etc etc etc
no and they intergrated into society.
look at it now and how people are given free handouts, you would be stupid not to attempt to take them.
and this is where it is absolute bull. i go to work, i pay taxes (pretty high for a 1st yr app), and will never get anything free from the government.

all i can say is. stop the handouts, and youll stop the boat people.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
At my work, there's been a massive influx of foreigners joining our staff, and apparently it's because of something to do with the government paying a percentage of their wages so my work only has to pay e.g. 33% of their fortnightly wage instead of the full 100% (Where the G'vt pays the other remaining %) & alot of them are married to people but don't live or contact them, only way they are remotely aware of eachother is because on some page tucked away under junk, is a marriage certificate stating they are married.

The ratio of aussies (Meaning legit citizens) to foreigners (meaning people who are doing the whole suss thing) is like 50 to 150