Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

'Go Back To Where you Came From' TV program

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Banicks, Jun 23, 2011.

1. PRAVX II S

PRAVX II S Member

Members Ride:
    Commodore
    My family are not italian,Greek
    All my uncles and my dad are tradies they all have there own workshops. We are fiji-indians. I know a lot of asian and other nasho who have come here that have worked hard.
    So its not that bad. Infact i think the asian are one of the most hard working people here in Oz

2. Jesterarts

Jesterarts Your freedom ends where mine begins

Members Ride:
    2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
    I've jsut noticed something in with your posts. Whenever you post in topics like this you refer to the "Western World" as "they".

Now, correct me if I am wrong, but you live and work in Australia correct? So you are part of the "Western World". So shouldn't you be saying "let the western world see how luck WE are?"

Just an observation.

I am curious why you tend to remove yourself from assosication with "the Western World" that you yourself are a part of.

I for one am well aware how luck I and WE are living here. Australia is a luck country with plenty of opportunities available for those who want them. But I don't think that anyone DESERVES to be her per say.

So when I see this, while I sympathise with those who do have a hard life I don't think that this qualifies them to DESERVE what Australia has to offer. Therefore why I strongly dislike those who come here illegally on boats as they are displaying a mentality of self entitlement AND a disregard for international laws.

Well said, summarises this quite accurately.

This article is a good read also:
    http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/po...strictly-for-the-gullible-20110622-1gfav.html

3. Calaber

Calaber Nil Bastardo Carborundum

Members Ride:
    CG Captiva 5 Series 2
    Comparing the immigration of the 1940's and 50's to today's situation should take into account the differing Australian political policies and worldwide demographics which existed back then. Millions of people were displaced by the war and this country had a policy of "Populate or Perish". Immigrants from European countries were actively encouraged by the Australian Government to resettle in Australia and they brought with them skills which were in short supply here.

It's true that initially, many of them were disliked in similar ways to the Middle Eastern and Asian immigrants of today, but they managed to assimilate well over the ensuing years and are now accepted as a vital and elementary part of our society.

The Middle Eastern community, however, seems different. The original migrants from that part of the world seem to have made the effort to assimilate and co-operate with society as we expect. It seems to be the second or third generation element of that community that is causing the trouble. "Middle Eastern" youth seems to have a profound hatred for Western democracy. Listen to and watch these youths on television or the radio. They are generally in their teens or twenties and are the most outspoken, arrogant and violent of their ilk. Many of them are Australian by birth, but to listen to them you would never guess it. Their language, tone of voice, even their pronunciation, has a strong accent - there is nothing "Australian" about their speech at all. They don't seem to want to assimilate into our society as their parents have done - they seem to want to carry on with the violence that their parents migrated from. Their attitude towards Australian women is deplorable (think Bilal Skaf and his gang).

To me, the Middle Eastern migrants are not as much of a problem as their progeny who were born here.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
    Jesterarts likes this.
  4. Banicks

Banicks New Member

Members Ride:
    VE Calais '07
    Immigration bashing thread? I haven't bashed anyone, except a program that is a load of propaganda aimed at lying to the populus of Australia that are gullible by trying to gain their empathy, and justify the thoughts of these pro-immigration groups. I can’t control the comments of others if they go ahead and start bashing the entirety of immigrants, but:

I highlighted the FACT that SOME immigrants who come to this country do not appreciate it (see minux's thread and links) and take advantage of it. It also comes down to demographics, if you haven't experienced or lived near these people, it's difficult for you fully comprehend how much they are making a fool of the Australian way of life and intentionally destroying it to recreate their beliefs and homeland from which they or relatives tried to escape.

But, as usual if someone who is pro-Australian speaks up and stands up for the rights and beliefs of Australian culture and wants fairness through assimilation – I’m racist or an immigrant basher.

I’m highlighting this injustice, because if someone produced a show of this calibre on the other end of the spectrum, it wouldn’t even pass SBS’ mailing room or another network for that matter. It would be labelled as racist and an inaccurate representation of immigrants.

Of course, that was the point of the example I'm making.

I’m not saying it does make us better, but they’re the ones seeking asylum, not us. There is a right way, and a wrong way of doing it.

100% agree.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  5. PRAVX II S

PRAVX II S Member

Members Ride:
    Commodore
    Did you know if i cut a asian,arab,europeon,Australian they all bleed.
    How intresting.

6. Jesterarts

Members Ride:
    2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
    Why are you cutting people for? That isn't very nice.

7. PRAVX II S

PRAVX II S Member

Members Ride:
    Commodore
    Lol. sorry

8. Jesterarts

Members Ride:
    2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
    Wrong thread champ... Burka thread is here:
    http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/pub/171170-ban-burka-again.html

9. Freshjivin

Freshjivin New Member

Members Ride:
    VS Executive S2/ VT SS
    Same thing happens at my work with the whole cheap worker scheme, They come here and get married to bypass certain laws and are dodgier than a car salesmen. It's beyond a joke that you can come to Australia and be helped out more by the government than what a standard Australian gets, hence why they keep on rolling in (I'm talking about the people applying for jobs and actually trying etc).

But to be quite honest it's only the bad ones that fu%$ it up for everyone, no different to any other races, you always get the bad eggs.

10. heyitsEnricoPallazzo

heyitsEnricoPallazzo Big block Alloytec

Members Ride:
    VZ A4 Saloon
    Learn to answer arguments with counter arguments. Else you just look like a moron.

11. minux

minux Infidel Bear

Members Ride:
    300rwkw FG G6ET/Specialized Tarmac SL4
    It's called the Julia Gillard tactic. Haven't you seen how well Labor of late get asked a question and the answers they respond with are so irrelevant that you have no idea what question was asked?

I call it the Unicorn method. Look a unicorn ------>

12. some_guy

some_guy Donating Member

Members Ride:
    VR SII Exec.
    OH SWEET, WHERE??

Wait, what did you say before that?

13. PRAVX II S

PRAVX II S Member

Members Ride:
    Commodore
    I learned from the best the Australian goverment.

14. TrikkBen

TrikkBen I'm Back :D

Members Ride:
    BNR32
    That's why you're useless

15. moggy

moggy New Member

Members Ride:
    vr executive
    The Arabs aren't happy!

BUT WHERE?

They're not happy in Gaza.

They're not happy in Egypt.

They're not happy in Libya.

They're not happy in Morocco.

They're not happy in Iran.

They're not happy in Iraq.

They're not happy in Yemen.

They're not happy in Afghanistan.

They're not happy in Pakistan.

They're not happy in Syria.

They're not happy in Lebanon.

The Arabs are happy!

BUT WHERE?

They're happy in England.

They're happy in France.

They're happy in Italy.

They're happy in Germany.

They're happy in Sweden.

They're happy in the USA.

They're happy in the Australia

They're happy in Norway.

They're happy in every country that is notMuslim.

And who do they blame?

Not Islam.

Not their leadership.

Not themselves.

WHOM DO THEY BLAME THEN?

THEY BLAME THE COUNTRIES THEY ARE HAPPY IN!

Just wanted to share an email I got the other day. This thread seems a good enough spot for it.

16. Tatiana

Tatiana Administrator Staff Member

Members Ride:
    Bought a jeep
    I have said in other threads on this subject that I very strongly resent the buckets of money the Government throws at these fee paying illegal immigrants by housing, clothing and feeding them, when I have clients who are homeless and hungry - including children. It makes me so angry when I know there are Australian born people who through no fault of their own are left to sleep rough and get food from soup kitchens while refugees are put up in motels. It's wrong on so many levels.

You want to come here, then do so legally. I don't see why money should be spent housing and feeding these back door queue jumpers when right now as I type this many Australians are sleeping rough due to lack of emergency housing as there is not enough funding.

17. HarmlessMuffinMan

HarmlessMuffinMan Member

Members Ride:
    VX Commodore 2002 Executive v6. Ex Patrol Car
    Banicks... WOW! You hit the nail on the head... Very well said.

Something I find funny:
    People say that boat refugees are running from violent countrys where they will be hunted down and killed and seen a life time or war etc etc etc.
    Yet they spend 3 years in detention getting EVERYTHING they need, then sue the Australian government for thousands of dollars because of Mental trauma which effects them for the rest of their lives and makes them unable to work and put on Disability support....

hahaha... That was funny untill I found out it was true :|

But instead of griping about it, there is something WE the Australian people can do. Next time you have to vote, don't vote for the Party that is letting them in (The same party that stopped the Millitary Pention for veterans so they could give a pention and "Trauma" payments to reffo's)... Vote for the Party that is going to stop the boats (And who wont bring in a carbon tax)

Vote Liberal.... And if we do that Australia will have some money again! WOULDN'T THAT BE GREAT!

ALSO! COMING SOON! Another Boy Pockets Jr HOW TOO! BE EXCITED!

18. Cracka

Cracka Banned :P

Members Ride:
    Old Sneakers
    Friend of mine has just had his wifes family migrate here.

Let me tell you a little about my friend.

We work together and I have known him for five years, he works hard, speaks three languages, Turkish being his mother language (he was born in Turkey) but was rasied in Hungry. He speaks better English than most Aussies I know. It took four years from start to finish for his wifes family to get here (From first application) and all at cost to themselves, why does it take four years for people in war torn Iraq to come here?

The answer is simple, queue jumping. Every boat that arrives takes up spaces meant for people seeking assylum the legal way, these people are still stuck and wating in countries where they face horrors many of us could never imagine.

My friend, his wife and both of thier families have both adopted the Australian way of life.

I dont know where I was going with this, guess I just wanted to add something positive.

19. Tatiana

Tatiana Administrator Staff Member

Members Ride:
    Bought a jeep
    You forgot the end bit where they work for cash while on benefits. A friend who works for Centrelink said you can't touch the slippery buggers either, soon as you do they scream via interpreters they didn't understand their obligations and/or are being persecuted because they are refugees and/or are being further traumatised and exacerbating their condition so Centrelink are told to back off. They also get extra benefits Australians don't.

Big difference from the Greek, English and Italian migrants from last Century. They all came here prepared to work and contribute to society so there is no comparison between them and the scum paying to float in here and rort the system. I do believe also they arrive fully aware of what benefits they are entitled too and know the system inside out having been coached in their home lands before they leave. Australia is a soft touch and that's why they head here.

20. lmacpherson

lmacpherson Guest

Boat people are not genuine refugees coz they pay thousands to get here. How did they get all the way from the gahn or Iraq to indo huh? And all the indo isles are Muslim run so y not stop there? Could it be coz they dont have welfare?
    If they come here illegally and know it what do you think they're goin to when they settle here do you honestly think they're going to be law abiding citizens?
    The true refos are the women and children living on the side of the road with baskets on their heads and no money and no where to go.