Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

'Go Back To Where you Came From' TV program

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
look back into history.

when the italians, greeks etc came over here were the given massive handouts, cars, etc etc etc
no and they intergrated into society.
look at it now and how people are given free handouts, you would be stupid not to attempt to take them.
and this is where it is absolute bull. i go to work, i pay taxes (pretty high for a 1st yr app), and will never get anything free from the government.

all i can say is. stop the handouts, and youll stop the boat people.

Greeks and Italian had just as much trouble assimilating as the asians that came after them. Oh, and also the Arabs and Africans. It wasn't until the second generation that they started to do this. Another stupid immigration bashing thread really. :hmmm:

It is a stupid mindless TV program for entertainment purposes. If you really think what you see on TV represents reality then yes you are gullible.

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
Well those people would be empathetic to the German people who supported Hitler during his rise through the 1930s to early 40s. Ergo, Nazis.
millions were. do you assume you wouldn't have been, without the benefit of being educated of their evil in a modern world?

the immigration issue is a complex one with no absolute right or wrong solution, but demonising boat people is lazy thinking. a lot of them have real reasons for wanting to escape their country of origin, reasons that would likely appeal to you and i if we were in the same situation. the fact we were born in australia does not make us better people than them.

footy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE 2010
Recourse boom = immigrant boom, deal with it. Boat people are a tiny minority who are quite happy to conform to Australian customs. Blame the skills shortage and or greedy mining companies for importing these people to fill jobs who think we 'need' them, those are the ones who force their religion trash on us.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
a lot of the italians and greeks that i know, their fathers and grandparents worked as soon as they come off the boat, they may not have been able to speak english well or at all, but they weren't afraid of hard work, and there we're no handouts. they didnt work, they didnt have food to eat.

i have no issues with immigrants that are prepaired to work and try to adapt; i have an issue with them crying poor me, and expecting handouts for their hardships.

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
a lot of the italians and greeks that i know, their fathers and grandparents worked as soon as they come off the boat,.

a lot of them also worked as scab labour, replacing unionised australian workers who hated them for it. no one gets off the boat and walks in on red carpet. it's funny how people have a nostalgic view of european migrants now.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
the immigration issue is a complex one with no absolute right or wrong solution, but demonising boat people is lazy thinking. a lot of them have real reasons for wanting to escape their country of origin, reasons that would likely appeal to you and i if we were in the same situation. the fact we were born in australia does not make us better people than them.

Actually it is quite a simple one. We accept those waiting and reject those paying to come here illegally. Boat people are demonised because almost every one of them is an illegal financial refugee. These people are fleeing not because they have to but because they want to. I have posted the figures from the immigration department in another thread where even they admit this.

Recourse boom = immigrant boom, deal with it. Boat people are a tiny minority who are quite happy to conform to Australian customs. Blame the skills shortage and or greedy mining companies for importing these people to fill jobs who think we 'need' them, those are the ones who force their religion trash on us.

Really? They are happy to conform?

You mean conform like this?

Boat people riot

Or like this?

Refugee riot highlights a dilemma | The Australian

Or perhaps they conform like the deadbeats we already have here where so many are unemployed and receiving benefits still after 5 years?

a lot of them also worked as scab labour, replacing unionised australian workers who hated them for it. no one gets off the boat and walks in on red carpet. it's funny how people have a nostalgic view of european migrants now.

What was the problem with doing that? We replaced a slow overpaid workforce with people who wanted to work for less. Something WE NEED to do now before we have no production jobs left in the country. This whole fair pay for every worker does not work and has been smashing our manufacturing industry for decades. Overpaid and underworked, nothing like the union way.

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
What was the problem with doing that? We replaced a slow overpaid workforce with people who wanted to work for less. Something WE NEED to do now before we have no production jobs left in the country. This whole fair pay for every worker does not work and has been smashing our manufacturing industry for decades. Overpaid and underworked, nothing like the union way.

Thats why there sending jobs to india and china people who work for almost nothing and they dont even take a smoke breaks every 10mins LOL.
Why would i want to pay a guy who is on there ipod and smokes half a day.
We only have our selves to blame the western world is scared of hard work no matter what nasho.

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8

How are the mining companies being greedy in this issue? I'd love to hear and explanation of this.

a lot of the italians and greeks that i know, their fathers and grandparents worked as soon as they come off the boat, they may not have been able to speak english well or at all, but they weren't afraid of hard work, and there we're no handouts. they didnt work, they didnt have food to eat.

i have no issues with immigrants that are prepaired to work and try to adapt; i have an issue with them crying poor me, and expecting handouts for their hardships.

Yep, my grandparents came from Europe with nothing and built a mini empire for themselves through hard work and smart decisions.

I doubt its about the unions viewing them as scab labor. Its about the lack of control unions had over them in the first place. Truth is a lot of the migrants did the jobs that nobody else wanted to do and built themself up from there. One of my grandfathers went straight to work on the Snowy Mountains scheme and then set up his own little prosperous panel beating workshop. The other grandfather, a qualified mining engineer, mine manager and fluent english speaker from Germany couldn't even get a mining engineers job here despite his German degree qualifications being far superior than the primitive Australian mining engineering education available here at the time. His first job was carting gravel in an open pit in Mt Isa. He went back to uni here at his own cost, obtained 3 additional engineering degrees (civil, mining, and mechanical) and set up his own consultancy. He was earning $800 a day back in the early 80's as a consultant.

If unions have a problem with this sort of enterprising, then thats their problem.

footy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE 2010
Actually it is quite a simple one. We accept those waiting and reject those paying to come here illegally. Boat people are demonised because almost every one of them is an illegal financial refugee. These people are fleeing not because they have to but because they want to. I have posted the figures from the immigration department in another thread where even they admit this.

Really? They are happy to conform?

You mean conform like this?

Boat people riot

Or like this?

Refugee riot highlights a dilemma | The Australian

Or perhaps they conform like the deadbeats we already have here where so many are unemployed and receiving benefits still after 5 years?

I would rather be free in some ####ed up sand country than in a overcrowded prison tbh. They don't know what they're getting into when they get on that boat, just promises of a better life. Not saying they are all good or they deserve to be here but the media only covers the bad ones.