Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Go through ratchet and sockets

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BAHCO-S140T-GO-THROUGH-SOCKET-SET-14-PIECE-METRIC-GO-THRU-SET-WITH-STORAGE-CASE/221918259596?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

What are people's thoughts on these? I have some birthday money I wanted to spend on a tool. Would I get much use out of a set of "go through" sockets? I have a set of Bahco ratchet spanners, they are brill and they get used at least once a week. No use me getting them if my regular sockets and ratchet spanners are all I am going to need.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
There have been times I've wished i had a set of those. But that's not very often at all. They'd certainly be very handy but I'd be more inclined to buy a good set of pipe spanners for transmission/brake lines etc.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah might just leave them for now. On the rare occasion they would have been great like you say. But I have obviously gotten by with my ratchet spanners and regular sockets.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Fairly pointless for use on a motor vehicle me thinks, it's not like a car has a lot of long studs with nuts on etc. The few times you do, ratchet spanners are brilliant.

psycho_smurf

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Crewman V6
How about some of those quick-snap spanners, or "renovator better grip" as they're currently being flogged as on TV? Similar benefits to a ratcheting spanner, but doesn't need to be threaded over the top of the bolt first.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Most of those latest trend one size fits all tools are useless junk. Haven't seen either of those in tv yet though.
Go through sockets would be useful sometimes like on certain strut tops and suspension arms, even that nut on the main shaft of fishing reels.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Most of those latest trend one size fits all tools are useless junk. Haven't seen either of those in tv yet though.

Nahh, those things are brilliant...

...In TV land!

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute