Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

go topless

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
VN_2_DOOR.jpg

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
Ive seen a VN soft top, used to cruze around tweed bout 5yrs ago, i think holden made a couple. It was maroon

I think I may have seen the same one doing laps of Surfers, but that was a while ago...

looked very different, but well done...

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
holy crap....

Holden didn't make VN soft tops.
If you cut the roof off a VN it will fall over. Like a box with no tape.

Just wait till you go back to school in weeks time and you'll forget about it.

Nothing wrong with people wanting to do something unique! Yes he obviously realises work needs to be done as far as strengthening hence why he asked the question.

Regardless of who is a student and who isn't, you really need to get off your high horse. Everyone here started somewhere, even you.

To the OP: I say keep researching it mate, it is always good to think outside the box. Not saying it is viable but do not listen to the few bitter and twisted people on here.

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
is it going to be a 4 door convertible?
because that could be horrid....

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Nothing wrong with people wanting to do something unique! Yes he obviously realises work needs to be done as far as strengthening hence why he asked the question.

Regardless of who is a student and who isn't, you really need to get off your high horse. Everyone here started somewhere, even you.

To the OP: I say keep researching it mate, it is always good to think outside the box. Not saying it is viable but do not listen to the few bitter and twisted people on here.

Yeah, but I started by rebuilding carbies.

Not cutting the roof of a VN.
You can't run a 9" through the pillars then drive it down the road. If you've gotta ask on a forum about it, you ain't gona do it.

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Yeah, but I started by rebuilding carbies.

Not cutting the roof of a VN.
You can't run a 9" through the pillars then drive it down the road. If you've gotta ask on a forum about it, you ain't gona do it.

Regardless of him actually doing it or not is no reason to respond with such an arrogant comment.

People like you make others not want to ask questions on this forum. This is the entire point of the forum, to share idea's, advice, feedback etc, NOT to insult students or new comers to the car scene.

Edit - Enough said - back to topic

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
If people ask genuine questions I endeavour to answer it. I don't mind how extraordinary you want to be.

But the OP is clearly dreaming, if he was serious about building a convertible VN commodore the original post would have contained a substantially more information.
He was "Guessing" it would need "Chassis Improvements".
Seriously, I'm getting the impression he was standing beside it imagining it without a roof, and then dreaming about chucking laps in a convertible VN with his supermodel Girlfriend.

If he was serious, the OP would have been allot more to the point and asking specific questions about the construction of the chassis.
It wasn't.

So how can anyone short of an engineer answer the question?

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
convertables (mainly astras) are for girls you sleep with not girls you marry!~