Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

god damn thermostat nightmare

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
please dear god will you magically remove my thermostat housing the pricks at holden thaught it would be a good idea to put the thing at the rear of the engine and make sure it seizes in there like a snapped off easy out..... what will i do now lol

if you havnt guessed i have a s1 vn and seriously wish i never started this job ive now taken the entire manifold out in hope to make it easier to remove the thermostat housing but no looks like theres only one way this thing is
gonna come out and thats in pieces sigh..

is there any magic tricks out there that will get this sucker out??

anton1o

[GMHVN6]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 6 Berlina '90
A rubber mallet and a few nice knocks to it.. All ive heard from other members is a hell load of elbow grease must be used and just bash it.

nathans1987

Reaction score
Website
4316.awardspace.com
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7L M6
Yeah I broke mine out with a rubber mallet not intentionally though I was just trying to free it up and it broke didn’t even hit it hard it was very corroded soft and expanded. Good news is the thermostat comes out easy bad news the housing cost about $40.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I bashed mine with a mallet too, then replaced it with a much more newer looking one and new hose, lucky for me it never broke but it was very thin! another couple months and it would have been leaking I think :|

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
get a series 2??? lol