Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

god help me before i go insane

statement

reaching new limits
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY/VZ Calais/Tonner
please someone help, my problem is my vs stato v6 is driving me insane. it all started on he weekend while driving my mate gave a little gass an the car started kickin, so we pulled up for fuel an started teh car but it was back firing an soitting like something stupid. i couldn;t out any load on th go pedal so after a long drive home i started work.
i replace the dfi, coils, leads, sparks an fuel filter. but when i drive it, it would spit or misfire, normal driving no problem but push the go pedal an she will spit an kick as you increase speed:bang: does anyone have anyideas to wat i could try next?
caue wat really got me was hn i fitted everything she started an ran no probs but restarted her again an she misfired all over again:ranting:

so any help would be fantasic guys, cheers

hispeedvp

VP SS Ute
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Group A Ute
do any fault codes register? my other guess would be to check for obvious things like vacume hoses split or maybe a manifold gasket is gone, try spraying CRC on the manifold where it meats the head, if the idle changes you have a gasket leak, otherwise maybe a fuel adative could have a bad batch of fuel or a blocked injector?

ENV5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec, VC SL/E V8, 2x Lada Nivas
fuel pump may be on the way out if there is nothing wrong with the above statement

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Dirty air filter, dirty injectors or a blocked cat. And check the high tension plug leads that they are properly connected to the plugs.....sometimes they are not fully pushed home. If you ran low on fuel it could be that your fuel pump has picked up some crap which is blocking the pickup tube or water in the fuel. This will intermittently stop the flow of fuel. Good Luck.

VSSPak

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VS S Pack
my vs s pack does the same when i drive her in D, and wen i drive like a ****head it doess. it...once i flat line..like..REALLY flat line it it jerks and spits..but it does'nt in gear 3, so try diff gear?

Mine hasnt backfired or being a slut about it though, good luck with urs tho bro.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
his pump was replaced a while back... what, 4-5 years?

injector cleaner has been run...

statement

reaching new limits
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY/VZ Calais/Tonner
cheers guys, well i pretty much replace everything on the ignition side, replace the oxy sensors, fuel filter....well nearly everything an now it will drive but if i want to floor it she will start spitting:bang: gonan try one more test before i lose the plot, wat makes it harder is its hard to describe an my mtes say its this an that but i replace those parts
but thanks everyone:thumbsup:

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
Try checking the air flow meter. If its not working properly your car can run lean which will make it backfire.

hispeedvp

VP SS Ute
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Group A Ute
throtle position sensor?

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Not the dreaded "Crank Angle Sensor"???