Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

going from auto to manual

wrighty_18

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn berlina
hey just wondering if any1 could help me out by telling me wat i need to do about going from a auto to manual. i no i need a series 2 motor and the gear box, pedal box, fly wheel, clutch cable, wiring loom but wat im not to sure on is will i have to change my whole consol on the inside or do i just have to change the insert around the shifter? and anything else i will need?

dans_vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual & MY13 VDJ76 Cruiser
hey just wondering if any1 could help me out by telling me wat i need to do about going from a auto to manual. i no i need a series 2 motor and the gear box, pedal box, fly wheel, clutch cable, wiring loom but wat im not to sure on is will i have to change my whole consol on the inside or do i just have to change the insert around the shifter? and anything else i will need?
Have a look at this for starters:
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/complete-vn-vr-manual-conversion-guide.76186

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
you can go series one manual engine so u wont need to change your cooling setup or the castle main adaptor