Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Going solo to Thailand for a holiday , need advice or tips ! wil +rep good comments:)

Dum*P*ster

Moist
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SIDI
Hey everyone! , as per title.. I will be going to thailand by myself late this year, as id like to change from my every day life with my dead-end meaningless job and see the world while I still can..( I know I chose the job, but yeah..)
So, I have been researching a lot on the matter and have begun to save for the trip.. Ideally, my plan is have enough $$$ saved in AUS for when I return home and find another job (Maybe) ..

Basically, what I have planned so far is, on the dates I have set, I will resign from my job and I will embark to Thailand by myself.. Depending on how much I can save before I head off, I hope to have enough to stay in Bangkok , cheng Mi for as long as my Visa would let me. -EDIT - Which I know I will 2nd job will help!
Then after this I would apply for a working visa and do the whole Travel ' N Work around the world..

So, doing this trip by myself.. Im VERY nervous but very confident and I feel its the right thing to do for me ...
For anyone who is reading this and has been to Thailand (or even left AUS by themselves) How was you're experience?

So any advice and comments will be HIGHLY REGARDED and I'll throw in + rep :)
At the moment the currency is say $300 = 9k bha so with that in mind, from our currency into theirs my time spent there would be MUCH more 'comfortable' ?
for EG I'd really love to rent a penthouse apartment for a night hahahaha and see what happens.. Stupid I know, but I don't really care :p

BookMe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I've known two people to do this. One just got married after being with a Thai girl for almost a year. The other just got back from holidays, after he spent a fortnight staying with a Thai girl girlfriend.

If you are going over there for the same reason. Good luck. I hear a lot of bad stories about the matter. Time will tell about the one that just got married.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
My only advice, stay the fark away from any jetski's in Thailand.

Also, avoid dodgey situations as in most cases the police that will come to "assist" will me in on whatever dodgey situation you have found yourself in.

And yeah, double/triple bag.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Just be wary. If a situation seems dodge then get out of there. It's a very different lifestyle over there then what your used to here.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Then after this I would apply for a working visa and do the whole Travel ' N Work around the world..

I believe you need to organise a working visa BEFORE you leave Australia. Might want to check that if you haven't already.

Last edited: