Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Going to start a car website lols

pedrotski

Big Stato!!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitcroftit.com.au
Members Ride
95 & 96 VS 5L Statos
hey guys.

i think i have finally found a good website idea.

its basiclly going to be forums, where people who are in the car industry can offer their services for cheap. to help out fellow car enthusiasts.

you know some people are really good at what they do (greenfoam for example), and there are some people who dont have tons of money to spend but love cars.

it would help people out. of course there would be an agreed upon price.

im planning to have skill trading, discussion, and loads of D.I.Y tutorials.

i dont know, its an idea. what do you guys think?

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
i think it would take a long timne to get going,

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
i don't personally agree with your idea, but it doesn't mean it's not good. the only reason someone would offer their skills for 'cheap' to people who don't have tons of money would be if they didn't have enough work. and i think most people who provide quality services in the car industry already have way more work than they can poke a stick at.

it doesn't cost much to set up a website (about $13 for the domain name per year, and $5 for hosting per month), but there's no point wasting your time if no one's going to use it.

you need to do some research. you can try finding the answers to the following questions, but by all means make up your own questions as well.
is there any websites that currently do what you want do? how do they do it? where do you see room for improvement? what sets your idea apart from the others? is there anyone out there that wants this type of service? is there enough of them to populate a forum? who are they? describe your potential users.
this may help you determine whether or not you should proceed. remember you're also going to have to market your website as well. people need to some how find out about it.

pedrotski

Big Stato!!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitcroftit.com.au
Members Ride
95 & 96 VS 5L Statos
i don't personally agree with your idea, but it doesn't mean it's not good. the only reason someone would offer their skills for 'cheap' to people who don't have tons of money would be if they didn't have enough work. and i think most people who provide quality services in the car industry already have way more work than they can poke a stick at.

it doesn't cost much to set up a website (about $13 for the domain name per year, and $5 for hosting per month), but there's no point wasting your time if no one's going to use it.

you need to do some research. you can try finding the answers to the following questions, but by all means make up your own questions as well.
is there any websites that currently do what you want do? how do they do it? where do you see room for improvement? what sets your idea apart from the others? is there anyone out there that wants this type of service? is there enough of them to populate a forum? who are they? describe your potential users.
this may help you determine whether or not you should proceed. remember you're also going to have to market your website as well. people need to some how find out about it.

I have quite a few websites and already have hosting etc. so thats no problem.

There are quite a few people who dont work in the industry who are good at their job. Like some of the most extreme sound systems dont even work in the car audio industry, and they are willing to help people.

It would be a good way for someone to earn some extra money on the weekends etc.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
I'd still love to see a well-run Commdore wiki, where people could post all they know about tuning, mechanics, DIY, how-to's, tech specs etc.

The hard part would be filtering the crap (misinformation) out.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
I'd say public, otherwise you're unlikely to get the critical mass of authors you need for it to be successful.

There would need to be some moderation though, you might only let subscribed users modify pages (a bit like this forum, anyone can browse, only members can post).

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
youll probley spend the majority of your time trying to sell your idea and ads etc.. then u need big and better ideas over the rest...then after that years and years of waiting to get somewhere... then you'd have to offer it to the public so people can see what u have to offer, them make the requirements membership to use, making the viewer have to sign up to use the resoruces u have..overall start small then grow... or take something that already has grown and make it better !!! rome wasnt built in a day.