Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

good 6x9s

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
ive got mb quart 6x9s and they sound like crap ,xplods probably sound better.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Yeh i hooked a xplod 6x9 up to my sub amp. went okay than it just stopped and smoke came out lol thats because I partially blew the other one though. they are fine if you just want sound, but they dont take a beating.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
And for that reason, you will never be taken seriously.

I don't care if you don't take my advice seriously. I was only giving my opinion. I couldn't care less if you went out and bought (example) Audioline speakers, they will be going to your car, not mine.

It's really a personal preference when choosing what sound system you want, some people like other brands more then others.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
I don't care if you don't take my advice seriously. I was only giving my opinion. I couldn't care less if you went out and bought (example) Audioline speakers, they will be going to your car, not mine.

It's really a personal preference when choosing what sound system you want, some people like other brands more then others.

I was just thinking of how this reminds me of the Fords vs Holden arguement.....

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
I was just thinking of how this reminds me of the Fords vs Holden arguement.....

What Ford vs Holden arguement? If it was the thread about the 2007 Calais or 2007 Fairmont, that thread is now pointless because I decided to keep the Statesman.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
There are thousands of good speakers, but I get where your coming from.

I only use Clarion just because I can.

Yeah there are heaps of good speakers. I also like Pioneer and Kicker (they would be my next choice over Alpine).

The latest Alpine Type R speakers are actually not as good as the model before. When I went to JB Hi Fi last they showed me the difference. Glad I got the model before.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
This is all too subjective, one person may like the way a speaker sounds, another may not. Some brands will have more people who like/don't like but it's all just opinion. Having said that though, there are some large comparisons (Kingwood v. Scan-Speak)

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8