Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Good dealer news

gsh1970

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV ute XYZ XYZ
Thought I would add a positive note about dealer service - took the ute to eagers Brisbane for its 2 year/30k service (although only done 21k) - top job , had some sat nav probs all fixed under warranty, they rang me and said my tyres are due for a change so probably not worth me paying to get the wheel alignment done until I get those new tyres (so they were doing themselves out of the alignment charge and were fine for me to buy tyres somewhere else - no pressure or even a hint that I should buy from them - I'm getting tyres elsewhere) brakes bled as well, all for about 377$

No, I have no connection with eagers - just thought I'd share some good experience seeings as there is a lot of negative stuff on dealers

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
Thought I would add a positive note about dealer service - took the ute to eagers Brisbane for its 2 year/30k service (although only done 21k) - top job , had some sat nav probs all fixed under warranty, they rang me and said my tyres are due for a change so probably not worth me paying to get the wheel alignment done until I get those new tyres (so they were doing themselves out of the alignment charge and were fine for me to buy tyres somewhere else - no pressure or even a hint that I should buy from them - I'm getting tyres elsewhere) brakes bled as well, all for about 377$

No, I have no connection with eagers - just thought I'd share some good experience seeings as there is a lot of negative stuff on dealers

A lot of the negative stuff on dealers comes about because of the blatent ripoff their pricing typically is when compared to what other qualified mechanics charge (and can still make a profit from).
In your case, you may have gotten great service (and that's a good thing).... but you've still paid double for that privledge.

The 30,000km service is a minor one. Oil, oil filter, a 'safety check', top up fluids, tyre rotation (maybe), and minor adjustments (handbrake, clutch if required). At 30,000 your brakes shouldnt have needed bleeding, but its good that they did it.
However if you do a quick ring around you'll find that for the same work performed you could get it sorted for about $200. Even less if you look hard.

My 30,000km service cost $178. Log book stamped, same cheerful service, free tea and coffee... just not at a 'stealership' ;).

But as long as you are happy with the product you've paid for, then that's all that really matters in the end. I'd just rather that $200 in my pocket is all :hiding:
All props to you for posting a good experience at a dealer though. Price isnt everything to everyone. Good job to Eagers :spot on:

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Not all dealers are thieving mother f#%^ers.

gsh1970

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV ute XYZ XYZ
Yeh, I know - I just like to get the dealer stamp in the log book - prob silly but just my quirk

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
Not all dealers are thieving mother f#%^ers.

Hmmm you're right.
Some are smiling assassins... shine your ego and massage your wallet ever so gently, so that when you walk out of the waiting room and into your car you actually feel good about being reamed :).
You dont even realise what's happened until you get home and look at the invoice again and begin to question what you bought for $400 a moment ago ;).
Now that's talent!

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeh, I know - I just like to get the dealer stamp in the log book - prob silly but just my quirk

And that's cool dude.
Mine has Goodyear stamped in it and I too wish it said Holden instead.
But how much is that stamp worth really?
As long as it's been serviced properly and the warranty is intact, I dont care if the stamp is a smiley face or little pink stars (just as long as it also says "ABC Qualified Mechanic" as well) :).

gsh1970

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV ute XYZ XYZ
Agh / but it has a pretty lion on the stamp - gotta add 1000s to resale ;)

gsh1970

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV ute XYZ XYZ
Anyway, leave u guys to burn me as I admire my lion stamps :))