Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Good Diagnostic software

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Yeah fair enough. I thought as much just thought I should confirm it.
After a quick squiz I think I might get it just to play with. I've tuned a my subaru successfully before. So I'm not about to turn my SS into a puddle. The software looks fairly straight forward.

SirNemesis

Reaction score
Members Ride
WHII Statesman
I bought it a few years ago and it turned into a good investment. Well worthwhile having the software available for simple things like speedo/shiftpoint corrections after diff gear changes. Tune a few friends cars and it'll pay for itself in no time.

The most important to do though is don't change a thing until you understand it. Log, log and log some more. Analyse the logs and understand what you are seeing. See how different conditions have different affects on the logs and then you'll see how changes to certain areas can benefit. Don't just jump in with the 'more spark, more power' attitude as you'll be forever chasing your tail with the little things.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, that's definitely my goal. I'm really keen to see what the tune already says.

I've noticed that the software comes with the 2002 Z06 tune for the LS1?
Out of intrest, hypothetically If I were to flash that to the my 03 SS, what would happen?

SirNemesis

Reaction score
Members Ride
WHII Statesman
Yeah, that's definitely my goal. I'm really keen to see what the tune already says.

I've noticed that the software comes with the 2002 Z06 tune for the LS1?
Out of intrest, hypothetically If I were to flash that to the my 03 SS, what would happen?

Don't really know what would happen. You can load 2 tunes to compare the differences in EFILive. Press the 4th button in the toolbar to load a comparison tune, and then the 5th button to bring up a differences summary.

Also, you can find a whole heap of standard and modified tunes to look through on Holden Crazy - Home

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Just got myself a decent cable to be able to do some data logging.
My scan tool is great for quickly chassing issues but its obviously no good for accurate data logging.

The guys over at Delcohack are very helpful with this, hopefully sometime soon one of them has some software to support the ELM327 thats used with the LSx PCMs.