Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Good Mech with Alloytech knowledge in sydney?

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
you sure its your injectors?
they are pretty well hidden under the intake manifold

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
Well im not a mech so i'm not sure. The sound is coming from the intake manifold area though, what else could it be?

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah well i can hear them from a meter away from the car when the bonnet is open. Looks like im going to have to take it to Holden.... I guess i can tell them i don't want an apprentice working on my car.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Yeah well i can hear them from a meter away from the car when the bonnet is open. Looks like im going to have to take it to Holden.... I guess i can tell them i don't want an apprentice working on my car.

no worries then, i wont go near your car if it comes near me then hehe:thumbsup:

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nah its just ive had bad experiences with previous cars where 1st year apprentices have worked on my car and i was not satisfied with the job. Im sure there are Apprentices that are very good but its a gamble lol.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Nah its just ive had bad experiences with previous cars where 1st year apprentices have worked on my car and i was not satisfied with the job. Im sure there are Apprentices that are very good but its a gamble lol.

it all comes down to the workers attitude and attention to detail, be it either apprentice or qualified, there are always people that just wont give a stuff, there is qualifieds that i know or work with, and id never let them touch my car, i always ensure i clean any greasy marks, wash down areas i work on when ive finished, and protect the painted area im working around, and it pays, ive had people come and thank me, and i occasionally get the odd cash job nowadays

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
Exactly, that's the reason i wanted to know a good reputable mech in the sydney area so i would not have to worry if there were workers there that did not give a crap. :)

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
just realised yours is an SV6, you can hear the intake runner butterflies chattering, they run a split length manifold which is controlled by whats called a VIM (variable intake manifold)amplifier
pretty sure you can have that deleted out of the tune (cos its not necessary anymore) with a reflash of the ECU, but your going to ahve to pay for it cos its out of warranty now which is the down part...
maybe look into getting a tune with VCM suite to make it go heaps better and get some better fuel economy too? :)

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
The VCM suite tune is booked in for tomorrow. I just wanted to sort the car out and make sure it was right to jump on the rollers. Yeah the sound is not really a injector sound but it sounds like it comes from the IM i guess your right . Cheers mate.

Why is the VIM no longer needed??