Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Good ol dizzy problems.

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
So I have a new problem.

Went to start it the other day and there's no spark, there was power into the dizzy, but that's as far as it goes.
It was an hei chev style with the coil on top.

So to combat the situation, I reverted back to the old points dizzy that was working when I pulled it off.
Now it doesn't work.

Wether it's through the relay like the hei or straight off the ignition feed like original, it's the same.

There is power to the + coil, then there is power to the - coil, but when I crank it over, there's no power at all.

But sitting there with the ignition on, there's power, and if I turn the dizzy to open the points the test light glows until the points are closed again.

It's all clean, I've cleaned it.

It has a new coil, I have tried two now, it has new leads, the rotor button and cap look to be in good condition.

I've even been as far as to run a power feed straight from the battery to + coil.

I have to be missing something here.

When I manually open the points it gives a good old shock, so I know they work, and the points were set to .4mm and have since been closed a little and no difference.

I'm over it and I'm running out of ideas, I'm ready to throw the hei back in to see if I can get it going with that.

Help me before I burn the bastard please.

To anyone that doesn't know, it's a red 253.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
ignition switch