Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

good tyres ?

Cobber

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
$270 for 18s? I get that tyre in 19 for $250...

That's great that you can score those prices for your tyres...way to go.

And whoever makes the Maxxiis tyres whether it be Chinese, Japanese, or Pikenese, they are a decent bit of rubber to get around on.

In other words I'm happy with my purchase.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
That's great that you can score those prices for your tyres...way to go.

And whoever makes the Maxxiis tyres whether it be Chinese, Japanese, or Pikenese, they are a decent bit of rubber to get around on.

In other words I'm happy with my purchase.

My point is you should probably shop around a little more next time...

peteyb12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS V UTE
Anybody else find the MA-Z1's to be quite slippery in the wet?? I never broke traction or slid in the wet with the Potenzas even with only 15% tread on them but have found myself breaking traction and sliding round a bit on the MA-Z1's...

yea i find more slip then on the potenzas but they are half the price so cant expect same performance..

brokenikon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Maloo: 2008 VE SV6: 2004 VY II R8 Maloo
Might be just me, but my car's sitting on Maxxis' at the moment, never had an issue with them. I get the whole "these tyres stick to the rubber like glue thats why their worth $$$" argument, but seriously Maxxi's do that just fine too. When I plant it from a corner take off, yeah, I lose traction, but so did the potenza's I was paying $600 bucks a pop for, which is where I started losing the faith. Maybe if I was doing track work, then yes, I'd go for the expensive stuff, but in this day and age of double demerits and anti-hoon legislation, I'd be insane to even test the boundaries of grip and traction control on any tyre on a public street (despite my earlier admission of planting and losing traction)
So everyone who grabs the cheaper end of the tyre spectrum - I'm with you, and I'm a petrol head. Albeit, a responsible driving and sober one, for any police person who may be reading this.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
I can say Ive driven high powered cars on expensive tyres, and on midrange to low price tyres and they light all the tyres up if you give it too much gas.

My cars only at the 300rwhp mark but the maxxis have no trouble getting that power to ground. If I want to light them up it's not hard to do so by being a little agressive, but if I want them to grip they do it nicely.