Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Goodbye Holden, sold my Holden...

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Nice choice. I'll be looking at a benz next time around myself. :)

yet so slow :(

same chassis with a 6.3 and you will have my attention :dance:

Reaper

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Looks like a pensioner's car. Probably goes like one too. Sorry man! :(

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
It's not a beemer or falcon. No admin for you! :banstick:

Reaper

Apart from breaking down and overheating, will I also get admin if I stick a blue oval on my bimmer? ;);)

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
i would have kept the caprice =(

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
Looks like a pensioner's car. Probably goes like one too. Sorry man! :(

If your into fast driving, it's not the car for you certainly. However my Merc does have the sports upgrades which includes the suspension. It went allright around corners and the Kompressor gives it a bit more of a kick the a none supercharged 4 cyl.

People do say my driving style is that of an old man :-D

/posted via mobile device\

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
i would have kept the caprice =(

I know where you are coming from. Personally, I've always wanted a car with a German make. I was going to buy a BMW but I got such a good deal on this Merc, I couldnt pass it up. I'm originally from the home of Benz, Stuttgart, so I've always had a soft spot for Mercedes-Benz.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
yet so slow :(

same chassis with a 6.3 and you will have my attention :dance:

Reaper

That's always the problem with German cars in Australia. So many 4 cyl. Audi/Merc/BMWs that the fast 6 cyl models cost a fortune. However I did drive the 4 cly BMW petrol and the Merc Kompressor has better acceleration. The BMW diesel was a quick car, quicker then my Merc but the price was also higher.

In the US there are only 6 cyl petrol BMWs and the Merc engines are bigger too I think. Germany has the 4 cyl yet they are a lot cheaper of course. Lots of Merc/BMW taxi cabs over there.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
meh, dont listen to the haters. i had a kompressor for a week a couple of years back and friggin loved it, clocked up around 500miles in it. sure it wasnt all that fast around town, but man could you get that thing to move on the motorway :D handling, cornering, braking all supurb. even little things like opening and closing of the glovebox/center console was a sensual experience.

so a choice: 1. a car that is designed by germans, built by russians or spanish, or 2. a car that is a mongrel english/american/australian and built by aussies? no thanks, ill take the german car.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
meh, dont listen to the haters. i had a kompressor for a week a couple of years back and friggin loved it, clocked up around 500miles in it. sure it wasnt all that fast around town, but man could you get that thing to move on the motorway :D handling, cornering, braking all supurb. even little things like opening and closing of the glovebox/center console was a sensual experience.

so a choice: 1. a car that is designed by germans, built by russians or spanish, or 2. a car that is a mongrel english/american/australian and built by aussies? no thanks, ill take the german car.

Thanks for the kind words.

And the W203 C Class was assembled in South Africa of all places, BMW does the same with E90 3 Series. The current C-Class is direct from Germany, and the quality is improved.

If anyones looking for a w203 C class (like mine), I strongly recommend purchasing after the face-lift. 2005-2007. May quality control issues with earlier models. I also recommend getting a warranty, I got a 3 year manufactures extension through Allianz.

I also don't expect S or E class refinement in the C class, but happy to be able to drive a StarMark car at my age. For the price I paid the dealer/warranty support I will be getting, I'm laughing :). Its good to know people in the car dealership industry.

MPRSSV

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Exec (Police pack) & 05 CV8Z Monaro
Speaking of origins and South Africa, WOOT!!!

Back OT - Very nice car man, my uncle has the exactly the same one which I had the opportunity to go in when I went back to SA a while ago - Enjoy it! Also keep the pictures coming ;)