Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Goodbye... Holden :(

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
The law is clear... sell a product and you must support it.

and it's clear that they intend to do just that. The only question is whether it will be under their own hand or that of a third party, ie inchcape or similar

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
In any case, the person who bought that last VF in 2019 has a guarantee until 2023 at least. Four years on an obsolete car from a defunct manufacturer would seem more than reasonable in most peoples books I would suggest.

GM have LITERALLY given guarantee for ten years to the public. A reasonable person would not expect four years on a product like a car, even something like tv's are covered for much much longer than you might think. I know a lot of people churn through stuff quickly but that's not expected.

Calling the car "obsolete" does not mean that at the time it was a marketable product offered for sale. The manufacturer is not defunct either, not sure where you got that idea.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Yep, Car of the NEXT Future...........Prius vs Tesla........watch em race, hear em roar !

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
GM have LITERALLY given guarantee for ten years

Haven't GM been giving guarantees for years and continually getting out and changing them ? would take anything they say as Gospel.....ever

Frankly the Japs have won the war that the yanks thought they'd won the battle at Pearl Harbour.

They are the masters of Global car manufacturing, Just ask Toyota, Mazda, Nissan and Subaru.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
GM have LITERALLY given guarantee for ten years to the public.

for cars sold new from today..

In 2030, do you honestly expect them to continue providing new parts for a car that commenced production 17yrs earlier? That would be unprecedented.

have a think about it..

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1

Sansius

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY12 SSV
Personally, I'm losing patience with all the comments blaming wages, sales and cost of development. Yes those are factors, but they could have easily not been with some better business decisions by GM.

Wages for the factory workers were not excessive and would not have been an issue anyway if GM had followed through on a legitimate export strategy for the zeta platform instead of sabotaging Holden's every effort. Why did they even spend 1b developing a sedan at that point anyway when it was clear that the market was shifting to SUVs? In hindsight it would have been wiser to continue with the modified-opel-sedan way of doing things.

With the end of the VF, of course sales sucked big time as GM didn't have any competitive (new) RHD models and hadn't seriously developed anything since the GFC. The left-right hand drive cost argument is also exaggerated. If the car is designed properly then LHD or RHD build at the factory is a non issue. Even Holden was able to do that with our VEs and VFs. I honestly thought GM would wake up to themselves and ensure the next gen Camaro and Corvettes could leave the factory in either L or R configuration. Doing post factory conversions is too costly and made no sense what so ever. Extremely sceptical that 'GMSV' will ever happen in a meaningful way.

GM stabbed Holden and Australia in the back. Scum. I'll never forgive them for these last 10 years.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
I got a shock when I saw this on the News last night, Am still shocks now and for GM to say we will have a GMSV General Motors Special Vehicles In Australia Puttth !! Truck Off. For me Anything that comes under the Banner under General Motors Should be avoided, boycotted . By the way I would eat Shi.t before I buy a Mustang.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
Had the annual opticoat inspection /maintenance booked for a few weeks now, but after yesterday, it’s even more satisfying to see it get a bit of love :)

76426F2B-4ACE-4F53-A8C0-69FC24F79894.jpeg

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
Is it a good time to buy from a dealer? I found a second hand sv6 Black edition sportswagon they want 26990 I want to offer 23500-24000 what do you guys think