Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Goodbye... Holden :(

Hackney

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 GT Mustang,2019 Honda CR-V VTI LX AWD.
Looks the same.Price is the same.I purchased two of them,& received a discount of $50 on the second one.(hedging my bets that it “could” escalate in value)Superb publications.The Ford one I just purchased is also a beautifully presented as well.(bought two of these as well)Even if you are not a Ford “fan”,it is also a very good buy if not just for the history of the company in Aus, Cheers:):)

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
The only people that make any sort of cash are the people that originally made this. These things hardly ever rise in value as there's plenty of this type of stuff being made constantly. It's all pretty generic from where I see it.

Hackney

Reaction score
Members Ride
The only people that make any sort of cash are the people that originally made this. These things hardly ever rise in value as there's plenty of this type of stuff being made constantly. It's all pretty generic from where I see it.
The first one produced(“Holden archive collection”) sold for the same price as it’s sister publication,Ford @ $325.You cannot get it anymore,very hard to find they are now have a “asking price” of between $2,499 & $3,000.I do not mind buying two copies of each.If(& I mean if) it goes up in value that is great,if it does not that is fine.Anything connected to the company could in the future go up in value.It is a waiting game.Fords archive collection “could” do the same.Again,I “hedged” my bets on this one to.Bought two of them.Again,a wait & see approach.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
As much of a Holden fan as I am, there is no way I could justify $3k for that.

Hackney

Reaction score
Members Ride
As much of a Holden fan as I am, there is no way I could justify $3k for that.
Grab the Ford one! It is also going to be hard to get.(whether you are “red or blue”) @ the end of the day,it is our motoring heritage & history.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I have a bookcase full of Holden books (not magazines, 240kg of them went to recycling a few years ago) that I have collected over the years, in the hope that some of my offspring may be interested in, and appreciate when I fall off the perch.

How things have changed in less than a decade. I now consider that all that info, and history is now worthless. Holden will be an urban myth, something intangible, that old people talk about when dribbling on about how things used to be in the (H)olden days.

The younger generation have no interest in history or cars. Their history is yesterday's twitter posts and fast food delivery, their transport is their parents’ taxi, trains, buses, or Ubers.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Couldn't agree with you more FJ. We are all currently caught up in the emotional part of Holden's demise but as FJ has suggested all the "Print" books I have will all eventually all go to the recycling tip as all the youngens only want to shove their heads into the NET and think that it's all for free.

That's evolution I guess and Holden are sadly part of that process.

Nothing stays the same forever.

Hackney

Reaction score
Members Ride
Couldn't agree with you more FJ. We are all currently caught up in the emotional part of Holden's demise but as FJ has suggested all the "Print" books I have will all eventually all go to the recycling tip as all the youngens only want to shove their heads into the NET and think that it's all for free.

That's evolution I guess and Holden are sadly part of that process.

Nothing stays the same forever.
I have only bought the publications (Ford & Holden) because I grew up in the 60’s etc....and brings back a lot of great memories from both manufacturers.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
How things have changed in less than a decade. I now consider that all that info, and history is now worthless. Holden will be an urban myth, something intangible, that old people talk about when dribbling on about how things used to be in the (H)olden days.

The younger generation have no interest in history or cars. Their history is yesterday's twitter posts and fast food delivery, their transport is their parents’ taxi, trains, buses, or Ubers.

Sad but true....