Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Goodbye... Holden :(

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
All I can say is that I am so grateful that I grew up in the era that I did (80's and 90's), not just for the car scene, but the way of life was just so much better in general.
Today's pathetic screen addicted youth have been so stupified by their screens and devices that they just don't have any clue of what they have missed out on.

Hackney

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 GT Mustang,2019 Honda CR-V VTI LX AWD.
All I can say is that I am so grateful that I grew up in the era that I did (80's and 90's), not just for the car scene, but the way of life was just so much better in general.
Today's pathetic screen addicted youth have been so stupified by their screens and devices that they just don't have any clue of what they have missed out on.
60’s & 70’s where even cooler! Great cars from Ford & Holden!

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
60’s & 70’s where even cooler! Great cars from Ford & Holden!
Yep, those two decades were a world removed from now. The world started turning to sh1t in the 80's and hasn't stopped. I have yet to meet anybody who thinks things are better now.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Yep, those two decades were a world removed from now. The world started turning to sh1t in the 80's and hasn't stopped. I have yet to meet anybody who thinks things are better now.

The seeds were sown in the 80's but I think 911 was when the rot really started to set in. The world has never been the same after that day.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
I have yet to meet anybody who thinks things are better now.

Maybe a 16 year old ???

But yes I've been saying that the 60's, 70's and 80's would have to be the absolute best in the evolution of humans.

A fair bit of advancement in technology along with quality of life, but not too much stupidity like we wake up to every morning nowadays.

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Good and bad in every decade. I think life is what you make it. There were two blokes in prison, each day when it rained, one bloke would look outside and see mud, however his cell mate used to wait for the sun to set, he looked outside and saw stars. Too many people today look outside and only see mud. "Ohhh but I'm only on Centrelink", stiff ****, do something about it! I counsel or provide financial aid to 20- 25 people a week who only see mud, of those I challenge at least three or four a week to stop looking at what they don't have and start focusing on what they do have.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Well this morning it's been made pretty apparent that there are no more boats coming with ZB's onboard, thus why there are no offers on price reduction on the overseas made Commodores.

This again confirms that Holden's announcement on quitting Australia was not as sudden as they may like us to believe. This was well orchestrated some time back to ensure the collateral damage was minimal as there aren't that many Acadias, Trax's and Colorado's in stock in this country that need to be quitted. Most of this is all going to come at the cost to the dealer network opposed to GM.

Hackney

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 GT Mustang,2019 Honda CR-V VTI LX AWD.
Well this morning it's been made pretty apparent that there are no more boats coming with ZB's onboard, thus why there are no offers on price reduction on the overseas made Commodores.

This again confirms that Holden's announcement on quitting Australia was not as sudden as they may like us to believe. This was well orchestrated some time back to ensure the collateral damage was minimal as there aren't that many Acadias, Trax's and Colorado's in stock in this country that need to be quitted. Most of this is all going to come at the cost to the dealer network opposed to GM.
What! They stopped the boats!No more “illegals”!

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
This again confirms that Holden's announcement on quitting Australia was not as sudden as they may like us to believe.

Agree. It has been very premeditated planning, not spur of the moment decisions related to Joe Hockey.
A gradual wind-down since the departure of Peter Hanenberger in 2003, with US CEOs gradually chipping bits away, un-noticed, like a melting iceberg.
The logic behind this long term dismantling ? Fark nose.