Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Goodbye... Holden :(

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I've heard from a panel beater that he painted up an aftermarket bumper cover for a VE and it didn't line up properly when he went to fit it. He now only uses gen bumper covers on VE's and buys them straight from Holden Spares. I didn't think there was much if any adjustment in the covers. I fitted a brand new gen one though, but it was only $450 back then IIRC, now they are over $750 IIRC.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
your not wrong sold a genuine 2nd hand one for $400
I've seen SH ones listed at twice that. I have noticed that a while back they seemed to eventually sell at $800 too. :oops:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
There is a fair bit of adjustment in the front bars.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
There is a fair bit of adjustment in the front bars.
How do you push in the front corners though. From what I was told the issue with the aftermarket bumper covers is they are too wide.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pool noodle. Cable ties and three pipe cleaners

• Haha
Reactions: Lex

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
I've heard from a panel beater that he painted up an aftermarket bumper cover for a VE and it didn't line up properly when he went to fit it. He now only uses gen bumper covers on VE's and buys them straight from Holden Spares. I didn't think there was much if any adjustment in the covers. I fitted a brand new gen one though, but it was only $450 back then IIRC, now they are over $750 IIRC.
The panelbeaters that supp,ied and painted mine had used various aftermarket suppliers till he found one he was happy with.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Pool noodle. Cable ties and three pipe cleaners
That only lifts the nose of the cover back up to where it should sit. I can't see how that can tuck in the two corners? I imagine a heat gun and a second person might work to push them in a bit.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The panelbeaters that supp,ied and painted mine had used various aftermarket suppliers till he found one he was happy with.
Be good to know who they use to supply them. Especially now OEM ones have jumped $300 or more in 12 months.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
That only lifts the nose of the cover back up to where it should sit. I can't see how that can tuck in the two corners? I imagine a heat gun and a second person might work to push them in a bit.
The bottom tray pulls most of together. It lifts the front and pulls the sides in.