Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Goodbye... Holden :(

Aussie Trev

Reaction score
Members Ride
2 by VX Acclaim Wagon Series II 2001 & 2002
Ok, sorry. I missed the covid bit. l had to scroll down a tiny bit. Not very much at all, then noticed it.

Top of the page was Corvette had moved. :)
Below is what l saw first
Information about Corvette has moved. To learn more about Corvette, please click here.
By clicking this link you will be taken to www.gmspecialtyvehicles.com
Speaking of Covid, isn't it funny how the V8 supercar teams seem able to cross any border in the country without being locked up for 14 days or being arrested. Must be good to be part of the elite like the AFL, Tom Hanks and the Millionaire Hot Seat crew.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Speaking of Covid, isn't it funny how the V8 supercar teams seem able to cross any border in the country without being locked up for 14 days or being arrested. Must be good to be part of the elite like the AFL, Tom Hanks and the Millionaire Hot Seat crew.

Soon to be joined by Labor and Liberal heavyweights, who have not been in NSW during the previous 14 days, and who will be able to fly direct to QLD from ACT by RAAF VIP flights, to assist in helping preferred QLD hopeful candidates with electioneering.

As for the Bathurst 1000, maximum of 3,000 public spectators in seats on pit straight, and a maximum of 1,000 corporate spectators.
Bathurst Council has politely said "We don't want plague riddled visitors here this year"............... and I can understand that.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Our local Holden dealership is gone.....

I drove past my local dealer that has been closed for quite a while now for the first time in a month today.

All signage now removed.....looks like a ghost building.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

The V8 taxi teams are only been in 2 states at this stage, with a 3rd coming up......

They are NT, S.A and soon NSW.....

If you take a little notice to the news, NT and S.A haven't had any local outbreaks for ages....S.A had a return traveller and a return health worker from Vic in the last month or 2....N.T, can't recall their last confirmed case.....They have been in their own bubble, so chances of them transmitting a case is very very slim, if any....

Being in the crap.....Just like the AFL.....In their own bubble, where they only have certain people they associate with, not just any Tom, Dick or Harry....Hence the exemption...And I'd suspect they would have to report when they have to go for a bog and where they have it.

Tom Hanks....Notice the media didn't report who is picking up the tab? If Hanks is paying for his isolation place, who gives a rats where he is isolated....He is still isolated...

Aussie Trev

Reaction score
Members Ride
The V8 taxi teams are only been in 2 states at this stage, with a 3rd coming up......

They are NT, S.A and soon NSW.....

If you take a little notice to the news, NT and S.A haven't had any local outbreaks for ages....S.A had a return traveller and a return health worker from Vic in the last month or 2....N.T, can't recall their last confirmed case.....They have been in their own bubble, so chances of them transmitting a case is very very slim, if any....

Being in the crap.....Just like the AFL.....In their own bubble, where they only have certain people they associate with, not just any Tom, Dick or Harry....Hence the exemption...And I'd suspect they would have to report when they have to go for a bog and where they have it.

Tom Hanks....Notice the media didn't report who is picking up the tab? If Hanks is paying for his isolation place, who gives a rats where he is isolated....He is still isolated...
So you missed them racing in Townsville two weeks in a row then? They were in Hidden Valley on Sunday and traveled to Queensland on the Monday. Have to wonder what route they used to get from Qld to S.A. No toilet or meal breaks for the truck drivers allowed? How many truck drivers are crossing every border every day with stops to drop off and pick up freight, mail, etc? Bet none of them are being forced into two weeks quarantine. If they were there wouldn't be a truck on the road and no food in the supermarkets within three days and all hell would break loose.
Queensland tax payers are picking up the tab for multi millionaire Hanks but Pluckachook refuses to tell anyone how much it is costing us declaring details of his contract are "commercial in confidence."

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
So you missed them racing in Townsville two weeks in a row then? They were in Hidden Valley on Sunday and traveled to Queensland on the Monday. Have to wonder what route they used to get from Qld to S.A. No toilet or meal breaks for the truck drivers allowed? How many truck drivers are crossing every border every day with stops to drop off and pick up freight, mail, etc? Bet none of them are being forced into two weeks quarantine. If they were there wouldn't be a truck on the road and no food in the supermarkets within three days and all hell would break loose.
Queensland tax payers are picking up the tab for multi millionaire Hanks but Pluckachook refuses to tell anyone how much it is costing us declaring details of his contract are "commercial in confidence."

So it's gone from it being funny that the V8 supertaxi teams can travel inbetween states, without having to self -isolate for 14 days to truck drivers reguarly doing it for various reasons..... :rolleyes: Strange how normal everyday truckies can travel inbetween states without having to self-isolate.....

I would suspect with the V8 supertaxi teams and the interstate travel, they would lodge their intended route, meal stops and rest stops with the respective state gov'ts, to help with any contact tracing that may be needed.

I would also suspect, they would travel away from the main cities, where the outbreaks have occurred in all states, to help reduce the risk of contracting the virus.....This would be using logic....The outbreaks have been in major cities and I can't remember the last time I heard of an outbreak out of the city region.

So it's not a case of being part of the elite millionaires club.....It's be more a case of how they can keep the show on the road, keeping people employed and doing it with minimal risks to the general public...And from what I can gather, they are doing a bloody good job of it

Stroppy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Sportwagon
I live not far from what was once "Glen Waverley Holden" (previously Geoff Brady Holden). I bought my VF wagon there. They have removed the Holden-branded cladding (replaced with Mitsubishi) under the eaves of the building and placed a Mitsubishi logo printed on a vinyl casing and stretched over the old Holden sign like a condom. I think I saw a total of five recent model Holdens of various types but most of the new car apron and used car apron were all imported cars...Nissans and Renaults, a smattering of Mitsubishis. So bloody sad.

Aussie Trev

Reaction score
Members Ride
So it's gone from it being funny that the V8 supertaxi teams can travel inbetween states, without having to self -isolate for 14 days to truck drivers reguarly doing it for various reasons..... :rolleyes: Strange how normal everyday truckies can travel inbetween states without having to self-isolate.....

I would suspect with the V8 supertaxi teams and the interstate travel, they would lodge their intended route, meal stops and rest stops with the respective state gov'ts, to help with any contact tracing that may be needed.

I would also suspect, they would travel away from the main cities, where the outbreaks have occurred in all states, to help reduce the risk of contracting the virus.....This would be using logic....The outbreaks have been in major cities and I can't remember the last time I heard of an outbreak out of the city region.

So it's not a case of being part of the elite millionaires club.....It's be more a case of how they can keep the show on the road, keeping people employed and doing it with minimal risks to the general public...And from what I can gather, they are doing a bloody good job of it

Even if all that was true, and truckies deliver to major metropolitan regions by the way, not just outer regions, the fact that they can supposedly lodge an itinerary and be taken at their word but someone needing desperately to get to the nearest hospital before one of their babies dies in the womb can't be accommodated? Seems like you definitely have drunk the Kool Aid. I suspect you are one of those that think Dan the Half Man is doing a great job down there in Vic.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Even if all that was true, and truckies deliver to major metropolitan regions by the way, not just outer regions, the fact that they can supposedly lodge an itinerary and be taken at their word but someone needing desperately to get to the nearest hospital before one of their babies dies in the womb can't be accommodated? Seems like you definitely have drunk the Kool Aid. I suspect you are one of those that think Dan the Half Man is doing a great job down there in Vic.

I don't know how the everyday trucky works within the current situation, although I vaguely remember hearing about 1 trucky that tested positive to covid months ago.....

I also don't agree with how the respective gov'ts have handled certain situations in relation to health issues...So I won't get into that

However the supertaxi situation...Just look at where they have travelled to, what the covid situation is like in those regions and the route they would likely travel to get to their next meeting and what the covid situation is within that likely route travelled.

Everything points to them going to areas that have no current covid cases and the most likely routes travelled have no current covid cases...Factor in, these teams are basically hanging out together, the chances of contracting and/or transmitting the virus are very slim...So it makes sense why they have been given the green light the way they have.. They also seem to be in the same area for 14 days, conducting the meetings, so one would imagine they are under strict guidelines on their movements.

As for the Vic situation....It shows with the supertaxis, they aren't having any meetings within that state, for fear of contracting covid and spreading it....The only part of that state they might be in is Mildura and Lake Colleraine, which are miles away from the covid cases...And with those towns, there hasn't been any reported cases of covid that I can think of.....

Oh and the chances of them stopping in Lake Colleraine are very very slim...It is located approximately half way between Mildura and Yamba....If you sneeze, you will miss the place...It is that large...

Last edited:

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6