Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Goon's Project Questions .

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
If it's the same relay in my 5L, bugger that. Just get an aftermarket electric fuel pump and scrap that part.
an after market fuel pump will not solve the problem it controls more than just the fuel pump. Also the EFI computer needs to tell the fuel pump to turn off and on. IE: if you turn your ignition on tand not start the car 2 seconds after it should turn off the fuel pump.

cheers
Scott

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Thanks Vkberlina, my car's engine hasnt had a rebuild before so i think it is the perfect subject for this change :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info again, i'll let you all know how it comes along in the end :yeah:

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Ok, you dont need to relocate an entire fuse box you need wiring wise the following:

A hole through your firewall to run the EFI wiring harness into the cabin (for the computer).
You need to wire up 1 relay:
The EFI relay and run wires to the fuel pump. As for the price of the EFI relay, that seems a bit rich to me but ill sell you one for $50 :). Also if your hunting for an EFI relay check an EFI camira they run the Bocsh Jettronic injection and will have the same relay as you require and who wants camira parts so it will probably go cheap :). Also the same relay is run in a 5L VK commodore.
You need to connect the relay to
+12 power
-12 power
2 fused circuits for EFI & fuel pump one switched off ignition
couple of wires to the computer.

As for a 202, build one dont buy a reco ones, the bulk reco companies do a poor job of building & machining them. Definitely build one to spec and you will have a much better engine. Take your time assembling it and you will have a long lasting engine you will appreciate.

cheers
Scott

Thx for the info mate.....well at least EFI is in reach....might do it oneday :thumbsup: