Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Got $1000 to spend. What to buy ?

wattles

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Sv6 04
my mates actually done that on his storm ute with airbrushed covers with flames looks awesome.. he said it was a bitch to do so be prepared sitting there all day polishing ;)

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
if you only have $1000 dump it as low as possible :D

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
id have to say diff gears and lsd if you want to improve your takeoff speed.

CRUSTIN

P-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S 175 Ute
Commo, what do you want? You dont want corners, you dont like tunes, and you dont want to get all the little things that improve performance.

But you want an underdriven pully? I already discussed it with a fella from work(He's been a mechanic for 30+ years and rebuilds old cars for performance), he made a point that if you get 20% back from the power lost to auxiliary's, you may get a couple extra kw's. Which is basically nothing, compared to how much they cost, and having everything underdriven(Including WaterPump).

Stick to the basics, Intake, Exhaust, Fuel, Timing. After all the little tweaks are done, get a tune, it does make a difference because every stock car is programmed for comfort and fuel economy. If you want more than a 40kw gain, get a supercharger or get a new car.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
LOL.
For he wont get anything in return.

Thus: Sway bars/bushes. He'll notice the difference at least.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah but you can see them and show them off to your ricer mates for hekkers points and macca-park cred.

VZ_commo91

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ commodore Acclaim
I guess I really don't know what I want from another perspective.... It doesn't matter any more. ( see thread I'm about to make. )

Thanks for the opinions though. What suites me just BTW is the Diff. That does everything I wanted.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
They can't get down that low, with chops and a big flat brimmed cap on sideways their head has a 250mm minimum clearance...