Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Got a question about my O2 sensors

Woodsman444

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais sedan 2008
I have a VE Calais 07
Where are the 02 sensors located? I am told if I disconnect them the car will go into limp mode it will run but I can find out if the sensors are sending information back to the ECU that reduce my fuel to the engine. My auto sparky told me my number one fuel injector on bank 2 was wide open flooding the engine I changed them today but did not resolve the issue.We don't know if the 02 sensor is the problem or the ECU is the trouble?

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
I have a VE Calais 07
Where are the 02 sensors located? I am told if I disconnect them the car will go into limp mode it will run but I can find out if the sensors are sending information back to the ECU that reduce my fuel to the engine. My auto sparky told me my number one fuel injector on bank 2 was wide open flooding the engine I changed them today but did not resolve the issue.We don't know if the 02 sensor is the problem or the ECU is the trouble?
This is another example of an auto electrician or automotive technician not being able to accurately diagnose and resolve an issue, despite the fact scan tools can provide diagnostic information.

I have 3 questions:
1. Why is an auto electrician diagnosing a fuel injection issue?

2. How will disconnecting an O2 sensor tell you whether correct data is being sent to the correct input node on the ECU?

3. Why are you attempting to resolve such a technically complex issue in your home garage, when you don't have the knowledge or experience to even locate the sensor in question?

On top of that, your 'auto sparky' told you one injector was wide open, 'flooding the engine' so you replace the injectors, which doesn't fix the problem, then you say you think a faulty O2 sensor is causing the ECU's engine management to 'reduce' fuel to the engine??

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
This is another example of an auto electrician or automotive technician not being able to accurately diagnose and resolve an issue, despite the fact scan tools can provide diagnostic information.

I have 3 questions:
1. Why is an auto electrician diagnosing a fuel injection issue?

2. How will disconnecting an O2 sensor tell you whether correct data is being sent to the correct input node on the ECU?

3. Why are you attempting to resolve such a technically complex issue in your home garage, when you don't have the knowledge or experience to even locate the sensor in question?

On top of that, your 'auto sparky' told you one injector was wide open, 'flooding the engine' so you replace the injectors, which doesn't fix the problem, then you say you think a faulty O2 sensor is causing the ECU's engine management to 'reduce' fuel to the engine??

great comeback mate.....looks like you are helping our fellow member as much as the auto electrician.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
great comeback mate.....looks like you are helping our fellow member as much as the auto electrician.

LOL
I didn't pull those questions out of my arse because I was bored, you know.
So you basically agree with me but you're just having a crack at me for laughs, hey?

...and your contribution is...?

If you think my post is rubbish, you're more than welcome to explain why, I'm open to constructive criticism.
The more I read car forums I've come to the conclusion that buying a used VE Commodore (or any vehicle) is a bit of a lottery, you just never know who has been jigging around with who knows what.

Woodsman444

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais sedan 2008
The fuel trim data loop status open 960.9 ms, B2 LTFT -27,Trim Bank 2 B2S2 O2 sensor bank 1275 mv. this information was on his scan tool, He thinks it could be the ECU after he told me to replace the injectors. Holden's have had the car twice checked everything even changed the ECU but the stalling the flooding continued. I have been chasing this fault for 6 months I have employed 2 sparky's two mechanics and Holden's themselves no-one has been able to diagnose the cause. Thanks for your reply but I have a lot of experienced people looking at it not in the backyard,Holden's suggested I try the O2 sensors to narrow down if they are simply a symptom or not.So far many people guess badly which in turn costs me money I cannot afford. I am disabled and not able to do this work myself,I need my car to get around so I listen to those who tell me they are smarter than I without the outcome to prove it.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
The fuel trim data loop status open 960.9 ms, B2 LTFT -27,Trim Bank 2 B2S2 O2 sensor bank 1275 mv. this information was on his scan tool, He thinks it could be the ECU after he told me to replace the injectors. Holden's have had the car twice checked everything even changed the ECU but the stalling the flooding continued. I have been chasing this fault for 6 months I have employed 2 sparky's two mechanics and Holden's themselves no-one has been able to diagnose the cause. Thanks for your reply but I have a lot of experienced people looking at it not in the backyard,Holden's suggested I try the O2 sensors to narrow down if they are simply a symptom or not.So far many people guess badly which in turn costs me money I cannot afford. I am disabled and not able to do this work myself,I need my car to get around so I listen to those who tell me they are smarter than I without the outcome to prove it.

Hi Woodsman, if it's not a rude question, do you mind if I ask what your disability is?
What is your work background?

I'm just looking for some clarification because by the way you initially typed your posts, you gave the impression that you are doing some of the repair work yourself but based on the above, this is not possible and your situation is not very good so I can understand your frustration.

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
Traditional_V6_V8_Drawing_draft2.jpg

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
O2 sensors will not cause an injector to stay open. It's either a faulty injector, which you have replaced, so it rules that out, or it has to be a wiring fault. If you know that it is #1 on bank 2, then start there. Clean the injector connector, clean every harness connector on the loom back to the ECU and check for any breaks or chafing on the loom.

Woodsman444

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais sedan 2008
My disability is not relevant

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
LOL
I didn't pull those questions out of my arse because I was bored, you know.
So you basically agree with me but you're just having a crack at me for laughs, hey?

...and your contribution is...?

If you think my post is rubbish, you're more than welcome to explain why, I'm open to constructive criticism.
The more I read car forums I've come to the conclusion that buying a used VE Commodore (or any vehicle) is a bit of a lottery, you just never know who has been jigging around with who knows what.

I just thought that your reply helped no one but actually make it worse by insulting our member....we all cant be conversant in all things ..thats why he posted the questions.
Even if you considered the questions silly it doesnt help by putting **** on him