Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Got an exhaust question

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
Looking at getting my engine done, going to do a 2 stage rebuild. First stage will be full engine rebuild (port, polish, rebuild, cam, rebore, tune, timing gear...), the second stage will be forced induction (top mount of an Eaton TVS with intercooler plate). In total I'm hoping for AT LEAST 260kw at the flywheel. But here's my question...

My exhaust needs doing NOW...it's rusted out completely, and I want to get it done properly, and done once, in stainless...full length. Already got the pacies sitting in my garage waiting to go on.

What system would be best?

Full length single 2.5"? 3"?
Full length twin 2.5"?

I want to get it done right first time, so that I can keep my costs down. I don't mind taking a bit of a hit in performance now, so long as the end result (after the charger is added) is as good as it gets.

Thanks in advance.

Big Cus

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn Calais v8
Take it to a exhaust place where they make the systems there. Tell them what you want and they will build it to suit. My old man just had system done on his stang at a place in gaffney st preston. Think it was called performance exhaust. They will be able to tell you what you need to maximise youre performance. They made a complete system from extractors back and the price was pretty reasonable. Give em a ring to get an idea on price.

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
Thanks mate. Figured that that might be the case.

I'll look them up.