Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Got the WM tyre pressure monitoring system working again.

carcollector

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice, VZ SS Crewman, ZB Calais V,VE CalaisV
I had a failed right front sensor, so I bought one from HSV-direct on ebay. I reset the system as per the instructions posted on this forum, and all is good. There are at least two different sensors, and they aren't interchangeable. The early ones have a metal stem, and the later ones have a rubber stem. This is visible from the outside of the rim.

A couple of tips too. The car learns the sensors in a specific order, starting from left front, then right front, right rear and left rear. As soon as one sensor fails, it will not continue with the learn procedure, so you don't know if any other sensors have failed. I had this problem in that because the right front had failed, I couldn't test the rear sensors. After a head scratch and a Whiskey, I thought I'd try mixing up the order of the testing. In the learn procedure, the car lights up the individual indicator corresponding to the tyre sensor it wants to learn next. Instead of going 'front left, front right, rear right, rear left, I relearned them as front left, then went and tested the rears, ignoring which indicator was lit. That way, I could see that both rears would learn OK, and it was only the front right that would fail.

The sensors learn by turning on the ignition, and pressing both the lock and unlock buttons on the remote. The horn should beep twice, and the left front indicator will illuminate. Then you have to either let air out of the front left, or put more air in, for around 8 seconds. When the tyre is learned, the horn will beep, and another indicator will illuminate. Follow the lit indicator around the car to learn all four. Letting a tyre down for 8 seconds leaves it pretty flat. As I have an air compressor at home, I found that bleeding the air out for 5 to 8 seconds, then immediately pumping air into the tyre would 'learn' quicker than just bleeding air out.

If you have a faulty sensor and replace it and successfully relearn all four, make sure that you reactivate the tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS) on the dash options menu.

Cheers all

Love the car - it's awesome!

carcollector

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice, VZ SS Crewman, ZB Calais V,VE CalaisV
I did a search on the tyre pressure sensor that was removed, and came up with some interesting stuff. The sensor is made by Schrader, and they also make a universal sensor called an "ezy-sensor"

http://www.schrader-bridgeport.com/files/EZ_Flyer.pdf

It looks like the ezy-sensor is a programmeable one that can be programmed to replace most faulty sensors. Hopefully we'll be able to buy replacement sensors from tyre places now, or at least soon, instead of having to go to a dealer to buy a Holden one that Holden gets from Schrader anyway.

rowedogg

Reaction score
Website
www.spacedesert.com.au
Members Ride
06 WM Caprice
I just tried to relearn my sensors, but after the front right sensor, the horn beeps twice and the system exits.
Pain the arse, the monitors have never worked correctly. Anyone else had this problem?

WIKED

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS LS3
Sorry I have never had a drama with the TPMS on my GTS. Well only when the tyre shop swapped the rear rims from side to side when they replaced the tyres but doing the re-learn is easy enough.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
I would love to know what modules need programming to enable this on other models.

I know the remote control receiver is definitely involved, and the instrument cluster is used to display the TPMS status,
but so far from what I can see you don't need to configure the Cluster to enable the TPMS...

I would love to hear from anyone that has tried enabling this feature via TECH2 on another model.