Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gouldinator1's Sv6

GoodTimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Thunder Sandman, 6-speed Manual
I love my LED lights. Got 'em a few month ago. But I can see it fast becoming a trend like P platers, commodores and souther cross stickers. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343310684.569999.jpg

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
Looking good mate, will be good to see pics with the new headlights fitted.

Have you thought about getting VZ SS lights for the rear?

Yes I have thought about doing it but I don't mind the ones I have now. Plus the SS taillights are like my current ones just darker. I did like the Calais taillights too.

Also it would be a pain to put them in with the sub boxes and all.

what do you think of them head lights? i was thinking about getting them because i wanted projector lens but to me they would look gay on my car, i need to test them out for myself hehe

I think they look great, it is more a question of whether they are practical. I am unsure of the amount of light they will cast.

I love my LED lights. Got 'em a few month ago. But I can see it fast becoming a trend like P platers, commodores and souther cross stickers.

At least it is more expensive and harder to do than an Southern Cross Sticker so there won't be quite as many.

they look good, do you guys rekon they would look alright on my car?

Well you do already have the SS headlights and I think they look fine. I just got these ones to do something different and try them out first. As always it is up to you and what you like.

GoodTimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
The LED lights are just like normal lights. They use two H7 globes. Orne for highbeams and one for low beams, and it's whatever you put in, I have 5000K Diamon Visions, so fairly bright. But as for the LED strip themselves, they aren't bright at all and basically like Parker's. Do nothing. But I have and always will drive with lights on during the day time. Just for added Safety and so people can see my car in their mirrors. And using just the strip is good as it doesn't suck all the power away from my crazy stereo system. It's also a novelty because your mates will always recognize you driving past. As of yet I have seen no other cars with them. Downside, police know me. But I'm not to bad, if you are a crazy hoon, get ready to be spotted 100% nice and quick.

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
The LED lights are just like normal lights. They use two H7 globes. Orne for highbeams and one for low beams, and it's whatever you put in, I have 5000K Diamon Visions, so fairly bright. But as for the LED strip themselves, they aren't bright at all and basically like Parker's. Do nothing. But I have and always will drive with lights on during the day time. Just for added Safety and so people can see my car in their mirrors. And using just the strip is good as it doesn't suck all the power away from my crazy stereo system. It's also a novelty because your mates will always recognize you driving past. As of yet I have seen no other cars with them. Downside, police know me. But I'm not to bad, if you are a crazy hoon, get ready to be spotted 100% nice and quick.

i just want them for HID's haha

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
Got the headlights in yesterday. I am pretty pleased with how they turned out and look. The fit isn't perfect but is close enough. Also I am pretty happy with the amount of light they cast. The beam is a little tighter, in that it doesn't cast as much light outwards towards the edge of the road, compared to the old headlights but still more than enough.

While I was there I also removed the bonnet protector.

Here are a number of photos I took while doing the change over.
PzS4BwT.png

urelVsN.png

HwJjoQS.png

MyDrW3D.png

Last edited:

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
looks good man, just need some HIDs now so the head lights dont look so yellow compared to the LED parkers ;) i also didn't think the lights had as good light out put as the standard ones.

cheers scott

GoodTimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeap Gouldinator they take two H7s. In each light, you'll probably need to take them out again though. It will be a huge pain to do it with them in. I have Diamond Vision 5000K in mine. Look awesome.

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
Yeap Gouldinator they take two H7s. In each light, you'll probably need to take them out again though. It will be a huge pain to do it with them in. I have Diamond Vision 5000K in mine. Look awesome.

Hey GoodTimes or anyone else, it says they come with H1 Xenon Globes, what is the difference between H1 and H7 globes? And also where is a good place to purchase Diamond Vision 5000K globes and a good brand?