Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gouldinator1's Sv6

SVTato

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz SV6 with statesman/caprice front end.
Thanks a million mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
Not much to report on the car, most of the stuff I have been doing is little maintenance things.

The list...

Did some touch up paint work to the top of the door handles on the passenger side of the car. They had flaked around the top.

I fiddled with the map lights since they were flicking. It seems they just had a bad connection and with some tweaking have worked sweet since.

I had to fix the headlight switch again. Last time I fixed the two outside LEDs, this time I had to replace the two inside ones. Since all four LEDs went at around the same time they probably reached their end of life.

The passenger seat belt buckle had this Velcro, tape stuck on it. Using some citrus glue/sticky stuff remover I cleaned it up.

Before
Z5y5kkg.png

Papered up the seats
qDeX8mK.png

Nice and clean
df9lm0n.png

I tidied up the parcel shelf removing unnecessary pieces.

The volt meter dial started playing up so I thought I would clean up some dodgy wiring that I had spliced together.

I bought some crimp butt connectors and heat shrink to redo the wiring
7bpuqg7.png

The wiring spliced and taped up.
lun1wDQ.png

New connectors and heat shrink
Qf8T7pZ.png

Since doing this the volt gauge is still playing up and these dials are no longer sold. So it would seem to be time to upgrade to some autometer gauges in the not to distant future.

I was also playing around with an idea for a false bottom in the boot. After cutting out the pieces and seeing what they look like I am rethinking my idea and design. So version one ended up in the bin, oh well.

Last edited:

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
At some point I had the 'bright idea' to freshen up the interior and pieces I painted since they had been sitting in the car for over an year. The plan was to buff, polish and wax the pieces. Plus I wanted to do this using an 3" air polisher instead of by hand. Altogether these are things I put together.

G6VmTbO.png

This is the first time I have tried using these products so I wasn't sure of the result and what affect it would have on stuff I painted. (Since I ain't perfect)

Before - I decided to test the products out on the radiator cover and this is the process I used.
8iaxzCy.png

tDFrr01.png

Rinse - First a rinse
jwaX0CZ.png

Foam Wash - I used the Gold Class Car wash, this was then rinsed off and dried.
8WgsiwT.png

Clay Bar - done with the Quick Detailer
YMA5hYU.png

Buff - I used a wool pad with the Ultimate Compound. I chose wool since I didn't want to cut too deep and burn the paint. If I was to do this again I probably wouldn't use the Ultimate Compound as I don't think my clear coat was good enough for this product.
sA87Aa0.png

Polish - Soft yellow pad with the Professional Show Car glaze polish
L5bjgkd.png

Wax - Gold Class wax with a super soft white pad
KiGKWT0.png

Finished
hSJfCCh.png

8syrWfn.png

Nice, clean with a bit of a shine to it.

From this I then did the rest.

Before
g6QjsNQ.png

tIwU7yG.png

GesLfbP.png

After
p3eRNIs.png

LQkSIqx.png

The pictures don't do it justice. The colour is more vibrant and has a gleam to it. Overall pretty happy and impressed with it considering I painted these pieces.

Last edited:

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
I got some Whiteline quick release clamps for the strut brace to try out. They are definitely much easier to undo compared to the bolts and make accessing and removing the engine cover easy. I will see how they go...
bQDIQod.png

Installed in the car...
pXF6HNa.png

Last edited:

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
It has been a little while but not much has happened to the car, just a few little maintenance tasks.

I got a new window mould for the drivers door and new glove box clips
FUuL7s3.png

I got the new clips to hopefully fix my sagging glovebox.
q6Ugnpa.png

For the window moulds they are easy to replace. Undo one screw and then unclip the old one.
P6txTQo.png

I needed to replace the seal because some of my sound deadener (Focal BAM) inside the door had come loose and caught on the window. When using the window and bringing it back up some of the sound deadener came with it grabbing on the seal and wrecking it as you can see below.
4KnVBf0.png

The new mould.
caZ7XfJ.png

I did notice that it was more a matte black than the shiny black of the others. I was told it is because it is new compared to the others and in time will wear into the shiny black but that is to be seen.
VUXRfST.png

After I put the new glovebox clips in it did sit better but not great. It sits low on the left, I believe because the glovebox was warped.
pEBAxRp.png

So I picked up a new one.
cjX5BVa.png

After a quick wipe down and a light rubbing of Armour All, to bring out the colour, it turned out all right
3NYY8jg.png

New glovebox in place and sits much nicer and aligns well.
F2ZHlsc.png

Cheers
G1

Last edited:

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
I was at a local market when I came across these...

enpW4PU.png

And thought what the hell...

xDEj61g.png

All tucked up under the rim.

uZ7DtgC.png

Besides this the only other thing I have done is replace a tail light globe.

Cheers
G1

Last edited:

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
I finally replaced the carpet liner of the boot. I took off the old suede one, which I made with the Holden logo, when I put on the bobtail.

The replacement...
RrE5IEt.png

G1

Last edited:

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
Not much has been happening with the car. I have been gathering a few bits and pieces for some ideas I am tossing up.

I did have to get some new tyres though. I decided to try out the ATR Sport 2 after running the ATR Sport for a while. I bought them from The Wheel Deal and they arrived yesterday.

TbuYp33.png

Hopefully I will get them fitted tomorrow.

G1

Last edited:

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
I got the tyres sorted and on the car. So far very impressed with them. I just have to wait for some rain to see if there is any improvement over the old model in the wet.

q7KPJOy.png

They also have a cool tread pattern.

G1

Last edited:

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
I got an order of new brakes from GSL Rallysport and over the last little while I have been installing them in the car.

The order:
DBA 4000 Series T3 Slotted Rotors (Front & Rear)
QFM A1RM Pads (Front & Rear)
and
TRW GP600 Dot 4 Brake Fluid

I did a fair bit of cleaning, wire wheeled the hubs, painted different bits and flushed the brake fluid. Below are a few photos

The order
O2CeBks.png

The DBA brakes
stwVT6r.png

A little touch up of the red on the calipers
Qwq4bgb.png

and I gave the struts a lick of paint.
tdeLqCx.png

Finished brakes...
TpN6Xle.png

Cheers

G1