Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gouldinator1's Sv6

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Nice work with the brakes dude looks great. Doing mine very soon I got the rotors opted for the t2's being on a budget and ill be painting the calipers white over black. Will be going on end of the month :)

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
Nice work with the brakes dude looks great. Doing mine very soon I got the rotors opted for the t2's being on a budget and ill be painting the calipers white over black. Will be going on end of the month :)

Cheers mate, it is fairly straight forward and good fun. Though I wasted a ton of time removing the old rotors since they were nice and rusted to the hubs :p

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
For my next major project I am redesigning and rebuilding my sound system.

Reasons for doing so I have a new bigger 4 channel amp, I want to re-cable with 0 gauge and I wanted to build a ported box since I have yet to do so.

Other things I am planning to do along with this is a floating amp rack and big 3 upgrade.

So designs of what I am planning to do...

rDuI2cC.png

Converted to metric and a little rounding.
CzunYvN.png

I am fairly happy with this design. I got the port area per foot into that 12-16 cube range and the port ratio of 1:6 I was after. And I was looking for a tuning of 33 to 35Hz and achieved that too.

I did get only a net volume of 1.78 cubic ft (when recommended is 1.79) but I will probably have my bracing a little smaller plus I didn't add in the flared port so I should be bang on.

Note: Measurements are for one enclosure (one sub), I just copied it and flipped it over since both enclosures will be separate.

3D models. Front of box.
CWua5Dk.png

Port pattern
sW3cXlI.png

Without the front baffle, just to show the flared port. I had had enough by now and didn't want to put the rounded corners on the front board but you get the idea.
oPgQuHE.png

Cheers

G1

Info:

Torres' Box Tuning Calculator - Updated 8/18 - Subwoofers / Enclosures - SMD Forum

Ported Box Design: A Tutorial *Updated 6/30* - Subwoofers / Enclosures - SMD Forum

PUNCH Subwoofers - P3D2-12 - Rockford Fosgate®

PUNCH Subwoofers - P3D2-12 - Rockford Fosgate®

Last edited:

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
Some nice progress mate, love your attention to detail and doing things slightly different to every one else.
I like the wrinkle paint effect on your dash, looks good
Plus everything in this car looks neat and tidy in the photos
Nothing better than a car that is well looked after
Great work mate

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
Some nice progress mate, love your attention to detail and doing things slightly different to every one else.
I like the wrinkle paint effect on your dash, looks good
Plus everything in this car looks neat and tidy in the photos
Nothing better than a car that is well looked after
Great work mate

Cheers, I do probably take more time than is needed to do stuff but I like to spend time on the little details.

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
Very nice mate! good to see your having a go at thing yourself

Cheers ASxTecH,

A little update of the sub box progress.

After spending ages measuring up the wood I cut it all out...
2DmNWB1.jpg

...and the sub hole.
7deypEt.jpg

Then mapped out the design on the bottom piece.
jeo5FI1.jpg

Dummy up of the design.
qoYoWgO.jpg

The port design.
mWbR28b.jpg

Also I cleaned up the boards with marks on them and routed the edges of the port for smoother air flow.
3HCVE2Y.jpg

I just need to cut out the bracing pieces and then I can start gluing the box together.

G1

Last edited:

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
Progress pics...

After the sides were attached I did a quick dummy fit in the boot.
Peu0c6b.jpg

Box
rwaJVO3.jpg

FYxXQFA.jpg

XlcFup7.jpg

Port Bends
VZ7IlhP.jpg

While I was waiting for bits to glue I made up what will be my new fuse holder out of 1mm thick aluminum.

Basic Design
YDCnH0M.jpg

W95Cjp9.jpg

In Etch Primer
flwshxW.jpg

I sprayed it with a white base coat, then colour and finished it with clear.
dEOg3PF.jpg

r2Mfism.jpg

Cheers

G1

Last edited:

borrttt

Gday
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina L67 2004
What are you installing for the sound system? What speakers/amps and what size fuse?

Before you replaced the bootlid liner did you Dynamat inside the boot lid cavity? I did a big system install a year or so ago and did inside the boot lid. It resonates like a ####er if you miss deadening that lol

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
What are you installing for the sound system? What speakers/amps and what size fuse?

Before you replaced the bootlid liner did you Dynamat inside the boot lid cavity? I did a big system install a year or so ago and did inside the boot lid. It resonates like a ####er if you miss deadening that lol

It will be the same gear that was previously in the car, just new design and set up. The only change was the 4 channel amp from the Focal Solid 4 to a Rockford Fosgate T600-4. The fuses will be 300 amps for the 0 gauge.

And yep I have Dynamat'ed everything because it does resonate so much in these cars.